Wednesday, May 16, 2012

NeNe Leakes Talks 'The New Normal' and Her Future as a Housewife


BuddyTV.com:
The Real Housewives of Atlanta may be done filming for a while, but the show's star NeNe Leakes has been keeping quite busy. In addition to having a recurring role on Glee, she is starring in a pilot, The New Normal, that was just picked up by NBC.

The new comedy, helmed by Ryan Murphy, the same creator of Glee, is about a gay couple who hire a young woman to be a surrogate so they can start a family. So where does the reality star diva come in?

"I'm Rocky, one of the gay guy's assistants,"
NeNe told The Huffington Post at the NBC upfronts this week. "I take it very personal, honey, if you talk about my gays, honey. Only I can talk about them and I'm fabulous."

Though Murphy created the part with NeNe in mind, her character in the sitcom is nothing like her other role in Murphy's musical drama on Fox.


"She's very different from Roz Washington on
Glee," NeNe said. "[Roz] is always in workout outfits and sneakers. Rocky wears high heels every day. This is very fitting for me because in my real life, you don't mess with my gays, honey. I don't play that."

NeNe's co-star Georgia King, who plays Goldie, the surrogate-to-be, said she was impressed when she met NeNe, even though she wasn't aware of the magnitude of her fame.


"I'm from London, everyone was absolutely losing it meeting NeNe, at the table read everyone was like, 'Oh my god' and I felt so ignorant and everyone was taking pictures of NeNe," King said. "I've done a little research and I'm with the goddess from Atlanta. I'm aware of these things. I'm learning very quickly. To be fair, NeNe shouldn't be offended I didn't know who she was because I just met somebody and I didn't know who he was ... and it was Donald Trump."

NeNe didn't shy away from talking about her plans for the future.


"I hope to stay on Glee, I hope to still be a Housewife and I hope to do The New Normal," she said. "I just want to do it all! Why not? I'm only going to be young for a little while longer." 
RELATED: VIDEO: See The Trailer For NeNe Leakes’ New Sitcom “The New Normal!”

1 comment:

  1. With Nene, the new normal is the same old nonsensical bullshit. Did ya hear me...HEFFER!

    ReplyDelete