Friday, May 4, 2012

Kathy Wakile Talks Parenting, Her Relationship with Teresa, Joe Giudice's Black Eye and Joining RHONJ


RealityWanted.com:
When Kathy Wakile joined the cast of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, she seemed a little quieter than the rest. Now, with a full season under belt, she has proven that she's more than capable of holding her own. Today, she sat down with us to talk about her philosophies on parenting, her relationship with Teresa, and whether or not joining the cast of The Real Housewives was a good idea.

Q. Jessica, RealityWanted: One thing that I admire about you and Rich is your really grounded approach to parenting. When deciding to do a reality show, what concerns did you have and how has that been working out for you?
A. Kathy: Well, that's a great question. We were very concerned because as parents, the most important thing in our lives is our children. We looked at the way we were moving forward as a family and how it would affect our privacy. As you see, they catch everything - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I'm really glad it caught us, as we are, as a family. We discuss everything over and over again. Things are working out great for us. Our children are old enough to know what's happening in the world. They have a really great ability to see things for what they really are and form their own opinions.


Q. Jessica, RealityWanted: You used to have a really close relationship with Teresa. Does it hurt you that you two are no longer close? You seem to stay positive about it.
A. Kathy: Well, first of all, being positive and trying to be optimistic is just in my nature. There are so many people out there who have seen so much worse than I have or anyone on the show for that matter. Teresa is going through a tough time right now. Whether or not I have an opinion about what she says, I have it in the back of my head that she's going through a tough time. I get mad and I say things out of anger or frustration. The cameras are catching that and if I didn't care, I wouldn't let it affect me. I want the best for her and her family. I'd like to think that we will get back and have some sort of reconciliation. I continue to hope for that. If we don't have hope in life, what do we have? On the same token, we have to be grownups also and recognize that there are repercussions to our actions. I'm a grown woman and I have feelings, too. Hopefully, that day will come and we can talk things out.


Q. Jessica, RealityWanted: On the last episode, we saw Joseph receive nude photos. What was going through your mind when you discovered that?
A. Kathy: Well, when I first saw it, it was a photo of a girl with her back to the camera, but her face was showing. It was really shocking to me and it was an important thing to deal with. That's why I was so glad that I had the foresight to know that I needed to have an email in place for anyone who wanted to contact my children when I allow them to have Twitter. It prompted me and my husband to be involved in Twitter as well and monitor them. If he had forwarded that to his friends, he would've been guilty. If we didn't have the discussion, he wouldn't have even know what he did wrong. As parents, it's our job to pay attention to what's going on with kids today. Who is going to watch over them? It's not the school's job to watch over our kids. It's our job! We can't expect schools to do damage control when we haven't done our job at home.


Q. Jessica, RealityWanted: Last season, we saw you toying around with the idea of opening a restaurant. Do you have any plans to revisit the idea?
A. Kathy: Well right now, I just feel that it would take too much time. My son is still home. He's trying to figure out what he wants to do with his career. Victoria is going to start college soon. She's probably going to stay local. They still need me around and if I start a restaurant, the only time I'd see them is if they came to work to see me. It's just very, very time consuming and demanding. At this point, I don't think I'm ready to take on that amount of responsibility. If I could find a partner I could share the workload with, it wouldn't be out of the question.


Q. Jessica, RealityWanted: Are you happy that you are a part of The Real Housewives, the friendships you have formed, and everything that's come of it?
A. Kathy: Well, first of all, Melissa and I have been friends since the day I met her. She married my cousin and I get to see him on a regular basis. The fact that we're doing Housewives together has been wonderful. We do things together and it's another area to be together all the time. So far, the relationships with Jaqueline and Caroline have really developed. They've been welcoming after initially meeting me and getting to know me. They formed their own opinions based on the experiences that we've had together. I've been having a great time doing the show. Bravo really treats you like family. It's been a really great experience so far. The issues that came up with Teresa and I... maybe it was a catalyst, maybe it was something that would've happened sooner or later but this brought it to the forefront. It just happened in front of the cameras but I don't think the cameras caused it.
RELATED: 'Real Housewives' Kathy Wakile Bashes Joe Giudice for Ignoring Rich after Fight

No comments:

Post a Comment