Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Alexis Bellino Makes Acting Debut on ‘General Hospital’


NYDailyNews.com:
On “The Real Housewives of Orange County,” Alexis Bellino is belittled by castmates for her delivery as a correspondent for a local morning news show.

She must have done something right, though. Bellino makes her acting debut Wednesday on “General Hospital,” on ABC at 3 p.m., playing a news anchor.

“It was just a ton of fun,” she says of starring as a newswoman in the fictional city of Port Charles, N.Y., where the soap is set. “It was an absolute blast.”

“I can’t say the story line,” Bellino adds, “but the news I’m going to give is pretty shocking. So it was interesting to come on here for the first time and be able to deliver that kind of news.”

The reality show star, 35, admits she wasn’t always the biggest “General Hospital” fan.

“But I sure did watch once I got the role,” she says. “My sister-in-law filled me in on everything. She’s a diehard fan.”

When Bellino first got the call that the daytime series wanted her, she wondered whether she got the role because of her real life hosting gig for Fox 5 San Diego.

“Well, that’s what I thought, but the head producer told me it was just because I was good looking,” she laughs. “So I don’t know what the real reason is. It had to have something to do with my news [job\].”
Bellino’s on-air skills are often mocked by her catty castmates on Bravo’s “Orange County,” now in season seven.

While watching a clip of her friend on Fox 5 in a recent episode, Housewife Gretchen Rossi remarks that she was actually offered the job first. Bellino later blogged that she called Fox to find out if this was true, and was told Rossi was simply offered to co-host with her one time.

Rossi also suggested that Bellino visit a talent coach to improve her skills.

“It was actually a good piece of advice and I definitely did do that,” Bellino says.

On “Housewives,” the coach had Bellino practice hard news reporting, covering an imaginary fire.
“She taught me so much about just myself as well as about the position and anchoring,” Bellino says. “I needed [it\] and I enjoyed it.”

After watching one of her news clips, the coach criticized Bellino’s choice to wear a low-cut top during a discussion on how to protect your kids from overly sexual content on TV. “Watch the cleavage,” she warns.

On an episode of Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live,” Housewife Tamra Barney said, “When your coach is telling you you’re a bimbo, it’s not a good sign.”

Bellino points out that she didn’t hold an anchoring position on the morning show, but was an entertainment correspondent.

“That was a touchy subject just because my producer at Fox 5 always said she wanted me to dress my personality and my role that I am on ‘Housewives,’ and just bring that over to the show,” she shares. “So I didn’t think twice about it.

“When I put that top on, I didn’t realize it was as low as it was. I don’t plan to wear something that low-cut on the news again. So it was a point well taken.”

Bellino’s anchor character on “General Hospital” didn’t get the memo though. She’ll sport a cleavage-baring dress in the studio.

Filming for “Housewives” wraps soon, and Bellino is busy with her two dress lines, but she doesn’t rule out future acting gigs.

“I tried it and loved it,” she says. “It was just such an exciting thing to do.”
RELATED: 'Real Housewife' Alexis Bellino Has a Sexist Husband Problem (VIDEO)

3 comments:

  1. No, her acting debut came in a series of religious themed videos like "Alexis does the 12 apostles" or "Lazarus gets it up" or the unforgettable "Alexis does Sodom and Gamora". Classic cinematography that will inspire Christians and horny wanking men around the world. Praise Jesus!

    ReplyDelete