Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cynthia Bailey Talks 'Housewives' and Marriage Drama


Celebuzz.com:
Lights, cameras and attention all come with the territory for model, mother and aspiring entrepreneur Cynthia Bailey, but the newest addition to Bravo’s breakout series Real Housewives of Atlanta is still adjusting to the whirlwind of newfound stardom she is encountering. The Alabama-native recently sat down with Celebuzz to sound off on her Housewives cast mates, her love life, her future business ventures and learning how to sign autographs again.


Why did you choose to participate in RHOA?


I moved to Atlanta 3 years ago and it’s just one of those things that kept coming up. It came up and an interview turned into another interview to a screen test to sitting in front of you. It wasn’t a plan and initially I didn’t really think I would make good reality TV because I’m not super confrontational. I’m not a big drama queen, though I have drama. I actually managed to surprise my own self. I got right in there and held my own pretty well. The show is so successful , it’s actually the number one Housewives show on Bravo. Everyone watches it. I think we are on episode six, and all I can say is that we are just getting started! We have about 15 more episodes to go and we haven’t even scratched the surface. It’s going to be a fantastic season.


Did you know any of the Housewives before shooting?


The only person I had met before was NeNe. I met her through a mutual friend and I was very intimidated by her at first. I couldn’t have imagined that we would have connected on the show before we met. When we did meet, we didn’t really hit it off. Basically we had drinks and she talked the whole time. I initially thought that I would connect with Kandi. I was like, ‘She’s so down to earth like me. We’re going to be best friends and take Noelle and Riley for play dates.’ Well, that didn’t happen. It ended up being NeNe. We are a really good balance, because I am her calm. I’m her rationale. We complement each other.


Describe the overall experience of shooting the reality show.


It’s really difficult to shoot the show. Being on the show is such a big thing for me. I would sit on my living room couch like everyone else and be like ‘if I was on the show, I would’ve said this and that. I would’ve checked her. It looks so easy, but it’s not. It really was a huge adjustment for my life. So far it has been amazing and I am really excited that I have had this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment