Monday, November 1, 2010

20 Questions: Phaedra Parks


BVNewswire.com:

It's hard acting like you have some sense when you're on a reality television series.

But for Phaedra Parks, her job as an attorney to some of entertainment's big names has prepared her for her latest career venture as one of two new cast members on Bravo's top-rated 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta.'

The Athens, Georgia native has represented Bobby Brown, Ludacris, Jermaine Dupri and Too Short with her boutique agency, The Parks Group, P.C., and served as a legal analyst for NBC and Fox News. Still, showcasing her personal life has been something that she wasn't fully prepared for.

BlackVoices.com gets some insight into how this self-proclaimed "Southern Belle" is dealing with it all.

Blackvoices.com: Why'd you join the third season of 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta?'
Phaedra Parks
: It was a challenge. It was something very new and I had done production on other reality shows and I worked in some casting capacities and this was the opportunity for me to broaden my horizons and see how it was to be in front of the camera instead of behind the scenes. It was the perfect time I was on leave because I was pregnant because my workload was different because I was on maternity leave.



BV: What was your impression of the show and ladies before joining?
PP:
I wasn't a huge fan of the show. I didn't watch the show faithfully and I was familiar with most of the people on the show just from being in Atlanta and frequenting some of the same shopping districts. So, I knew them all, but didn't have a close relationship with any of them besides Kandi [Burruss] who I hung out with and we travel in a lot of the same circles.


BV: Were you worried it would affect your reputation or practice?
PP:
I knew the show wasn't going to be focused on my law practice per say and I have a boutique firm so the general public is not my clientele. I don't do any advertising so when people come for my service they have been referred or hear about me from another client so my reputation speaks for itself I never planned on doing anything that would discredit my name and at the end of the day my clients understand this is entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment