Sunday, January 19, 2014

Kyle Richards Talks HSN Clothing Line and Season 4 Drama


EOnline.com:
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Kyle Richards is capitalizing on her reality TV fame with a new clothing line for shopping network HSN.

The Bravolebrity is releasing an eight-piece collection inspired by her personal style. Items in the Kyle by Kyle Richards line are priced between $69.90 and $199.90. The collection debuts February 25th on HSN.com.

“The number one question I was asked [was]: ‘Do you have your own line?’” Richards told EW. ” I’d always thought about it. Then I started having dreams and when I would wake up, I had [designed] a piece of clothing in my head. I’d never done that in my life, so I thought it was a sign.”

Richards talked to EW about her fashion favorites, whether she’ll be back for another season of RHoBH, and recent run-ins with former Housewives Adrienne Maloof, Taylor Armstrong, and Camille Grammar. Read on for all the details and get a sneak peek at her HSN collection.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What was it like designing your own clothing line? Kyle Richards: I wanted everything to be comfortable and to [evoke] relaxed glamour. We discussed the ideas I was having dreams about — which is quite strange to me still — and we looked at things I’ve worn for years… Like, ‘This shirt has the idea I want.’

Do you have a favorite piece?
One of my favorite pieces is the one-sleeve jumpsuit. The fabric literally feels like a pajamas. I always wear it at home when I’m entertaining because I don’t want to be in a tight, uncomfortable dress. I can also wear it on a red carpet. In fact, I just wore it in blue on the Arsenio Hall Show. I also love the jacket with embellished sleeves. I get so many compliments on it. I have friends already asking me for that one.


Will we see any clothes from your line on upcoming episodes of RHoBH?
You will, eventually… In this season, no, but in the upcoming season you will, because this comes out in February and our show is wrapping around then.


When do you start production on the next season?
I’m not allowed to say, they won’t let me. I actually don’t even know that right now, but once they tell me I’m not allowed to say. We [usually] shoot over spring and summer.


One thing you don’t see until the episodes air is what your fellow Housewives say about you in interviews. What do you think they will say about your clothing collection?
Some of them have it seen it and they’ve already asked me for some things. I’m like, “You have to wait. It’s coming, I promise.” Then other ones have not seen it yet because we’re not all speaking. [Laughs] But eventually they will.


I somehow always assumed that all of the fighting was for the cameras.
No. A lot of people think things are staged nowadays or that it’s lightly scripted, but our show is 100 percent real. Nothing is scripted at all in any way, shape, or form, unfortunately. I would love to be able to say, “This is just a script and everything’s fine,” but that’s not the case.


Was it always in the back of your mind that you could use the exposure of being on a reality show to get into the fashion business?
It really wasn’t. I was a child actor my entire life, so, to me, it was like, “It’s TV. Whether it’s scripted or unscripted, this is just another job.” I thought it would be a fun experience. I didn’t have any big ideas. Everything happened on its own. I’ve always loved clothing. I come from a family of all women, so playing dress-up was a big part of our household. I’m very much like my mom. I’m realizing that, as I’m getting older, at times I’m glamorous, but I like being comfortable. By day, I’m running around being casual. My mom was just like that too. A lot of this is inspired by my her.


Your sister Kathy Hilton also has a line of dresses and your niece Paris has her own perfume. Do you talk shop with them?
No, on this particular thing, we didn’t. Design is so personal. I knew what I wanted everything to look like.


Do you or your fellow Housewives have to run your business ideas by Housewives creator Andy Cohen?
No, we don’t. I think it’s great that, because of the show, I’m have the ability to connect with my fans. But business-wise, no I haven’t spoken [with Andy] about this. He knows about the line, but he hasn’t seen it yet.


At one point you were talking about doing a line of handbags, is that in the works?
I was doing one and then I stopped. It was overwhelming at first — getting used to having this crazy schedule with the show and all my kids and my husband too. I’m like, “It’s my kids, then my husband, unfortunately. [I'm] a mom, you’re going to have to understand that.” It was overwhelming, [but] the next step probably would be handbags or sunglasses. This [could] just be the beginning.


What’s coming up on this season of Housewives?
I feel like this season — as crazy as it’s been and at other times it’s been more mellow — it’s really building, building, building. The end really comes to a crazy head. Right now, we’re literally building up to this volcano that’s about to erupt on everybody.
RELATED:  Is she for real? Kyle Richards holds measly $1 tip in hand at valet stand after shopping for designer clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment