Sunday, September 21, 2014

Kandi Burruss Cancels ‘A Mother’s Love’ National Musical Tour


AJC.com:
It sounds like Kandi Burruss hired the wrong promoter for her “A Mother’s Love” road tour.

The multi-city tour, which began earlier this month, was nixed after just three cities. Burruss, who created the musical in a matter of weeks last fall and debuted at the Rialto Theatre in November, confirmed the end on Instagram earlier today.

“I licensed A Mother’s Love to a promoter with high expectations of finally seeing my creation go on the road and I am very saddened and frustrated by the cancellation of the tour,” she said.

She created the musical to channel her frustrations about her mother’s rocky relationship with her then fiance (and now husband) Todd Tucker. “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” chronicled the tension and the development of the musical. In the season six finale, the performance was highlighted.

So if anything, the show had a major head start to get advance sales. But based on what one of the actors and a popular blogger Funky Dineva wrote, it sounds like the promoter who licensed the tour didn’t have a lot of spare cash flow going into the tour with a presumption that early advance sales would carry them forth.
It didn’t.  Here’s a bit of what Funky Dineva wrote:
We successfully performed in 3 cities in Georgia. The shows were stellar, though attendance could have been much better. It is my assumption that the promoter was banking on the week one shows to sell out, to carry us into week two, and so on and so forth. Well , you can’t squeeze blood from a turnip. When the week once receipts were tallied, the bottom line was, we didn’t have enough resources to move into week two. Week two was subsequently cancelled. No tea no shade, I wasn’t trippin, because after the weeks of rehearsal and rigorous week one schedule, The Doll needed a break. I figured we’d pick back up with week three, which happens to be the present moment. However, once the sun went down yesterday, and I didn’t have any travel arrangements for Detroit, I knew some major bs was about to go down. Lo and Behold, I get a phone call stating Kandi wants to meet. Chile at that point I stopped washing clothes, stopped packing bags, and took my ass down to da bar.
This did not sound like it was Kandi’s fault and Funky Dineva wrote, “I don’t think that the promotion company set out to partake in any shady business practices. I simply think they overshot their gamble and bit off a little more than they could chew. The promoter is hundreds of thousands of dollars in the hole if I had to guess, and that is worthy of my sympathy and support as I see it.”

The name of the promoter was not released.
RELATED:  All Smiles Kandi Burruss Buys Mama Joyce A New Home, See Details And [SEE PHOTOS]

No comments:

Post a Comment