Friday, September 19, 2014

Amber and Jim Marchese Talk RHONJ Haters and the "Amazing" Florida Episode


Wetpaint.com:
Love 'em or hate 'em, chances are that if you're watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 6, you probably already have an opinion about Amber and Jim Marchese. The newbie H'wives couple has already made quite the impression in the first half of the season. But how do they feel about the fan response?

Wetpaint Entertainment caught up with the pair at OK! Magazine's 8th Annual New York Fashion Week Celebration on September 10, where they dished about the most surprising parts of being on reality TV, what to expect from the upcoming Florida trip, Jacqueline Laurita's return, and more.

Wetpaint Entertainment: What's been the most surprising thing about being on reality TV?
Jim: [Sarcastic] How much I'm loved. I just can't get over the outreach from the fans. How much they love — they're so kind. It's been wonderful, it really has.
Amber: I guess it didn't sink in how much drama it would really be. How much fighting, and arguing. I guess you get girls together, and we're around each other all the time, it's gonna happen, but it didn't sink in.

So you've gotten some negative feedback from fans. How are you handling that?
Amber: I think my husband's getting more negative feedback than I am. I think I'm more 50/50. I knew, going in, I kind of knew I would be 50/50. People are going to love me, or they're going to hate me. Whereas my husband, I think he's a little more polarizing.
Jim: I think it's a lot of fun, and I just like to tease the fans and hey, I have a job this year and I'm doing it.

It's kind of like Real Housewives of Atlanta, where a lot of the husbands are involved and evoke strong feelings. Have you talked to any of them?
Amber. No! Maybe you should! We need to definitely get together and give him a couple of words of encouragement, because right now you kind of feel like an island all by yourself.
Jim: I'm OK with that, though.

And Amber, you're big on fitness. Any tips for people looking to get in shape for fall?
Amber: Lift heavy, that's all I have to say.  

Really? You don't think women should stick to lighter lifting?
Amber: Absolutely not. Get in there, lift the weights, don't be afraid of the weights, and keep going up, keep challenging yourself. That's what I do. I actually do very little cardio. It's all weights. 

You have this big Florida trip episode coming up. What's that like? We hear it's very dramatic.
Amber: Yes. I don't want to give away too much because it's going to be a really amazing episode, but my husband's actually a part of that. The twins and him went at it pretty hard. Luckily, I have nothing to do with it! 

So are you OK to say hi to them if you see them tonight?
Jim: I wouldn't go that far.
Amber: I wouldn't go that far, no. Listen, people hold grudges, they have a preconceived notion, they blame me for everything. So no, I don't think they'll say hi to me, and the feeling is mutual, for sure
Jim: The viewers will have a lot of fun with Florida. I got to set the record straight with Bobby and Rino, who weren't even — how do they say it? — man enough to show up half the time.

So the other husbands are there?
Jim: Yes. Most of them hide for half the time, but Joe [Gorga] actually had a few drinks with me and we had some fun.

We also know Jaqueline is back. How did you react when you heard about that?
Amber: I was so excited. I love her; I think she's a sweetheart. I actually have the most in common with her. I like her. I dig her a lot. I respect her as a mom. I think she puts her family first. You do that and I love it because that's my deal too.
RELATED:  A Conversation with Amber Marchese of Real Housewives of New Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment