Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Kenya Moore Talks Relationship with Cast, the Text-Message Scandal, and Her Future


EW.com:
Since twirling on television screens in Season 5 of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Kenya Moore has caused quite the controversy on the series.  Moore sat down with Entertainment Weekly for a quick Q&A dishing on where she stands with the cast, her new business ventures and why she and NeNe are on unsteady ground.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Since your arrival on The Real Housewives of Atlanta, your relationships with some of the ladies have turned tumultuous. Where do you stand with some of the housewives as of now?
KENYA MOORE: Ha! Let me start with the easy ones.  My relationship with Cynthia has evolved since my first season on the show. I feel like I’ve seen enough of her to know that she’s a true friend and I can call her a friend. My relationship with Kandi has grown as well, too. I have a lot more in common with her than I thought. My relationship with NeNe [Leakes] is shaky. We had a rough start–which got resolved right away–but there’s some interesting twists and turns that happen during the season so I just think that we’re on shaky ground.

Why are you and NeNe on shaky ground?
I think it’s because NeNe’s in a very different place career-wise. Last season she was in a really great space: she reunited with her husband, moved to Hollywood, and it was almost like she was leaving Atlanta behind becoming this huge television star—at least in her mind. Now that she doesn’t have Hollywood knocking on her door like before, I think that she’s in a different place with her career, which may or may not influence her position on the show. She’s no longer the star of our show, she’s a star. There’s a new star on the show now, so she’s got to deal with that.

Who’s the new star?
You tell me! [Laughs] The ratings say it all. I don’t have to say who the new star is, the ratings say it all.

Is there any hope for the  relationship between yourself, NeNe and the other castmates?
I think there’s a possibility for anything. As far I’m concerned, I’ve always been a good friend to NeNe even if she hasn’t been a good friend to me. Communication is the key to any relationship. You have to continue to communicate and be honest. If you have honesty, that’s good in any healthy relationship. Porsha[Stewart] and I just have a working relationship. As for Phaedra, I don’t trust her as far as I can throw her.

There’s a new girl, Mynique Smith, who NeNe’s got in the mix. Are we going to be seeing more of her in the future–possibly Season 7?
I hope not. I rather watch paint dry.

Now explain “sext-gate” for the final time between you and Apollo? Who started it first? 
It’s interesting you used the word “sext-gate” because there was no sex to any of the text messages exchanged between myself and Apollo. They were strictly platonic messages that he initiated. Two, I have never seen Apollo outside of a RHOA taping. I’ve never seen him in Los Angeles. The whole story is fabricated. It never happened. They will not provide a receipt from the hotel because it’s a lie. I was never there. They’re not ever going to do that because they are lying.

Why would he fabricate this?
Well I can’t speak for Apollo, I can only speak for myself. I know I wasn’t there. I’ve never seen him outside of a Housewives taping. I know that men lie. When he got caught, it was probably easy for him to say it was me.

Who’s this mystery man you’re dating?
Well I won’t say who he is just yet. [Laughs] I’m very protective of my relationship, but I can say that I’m in a good place right now.

What can we expect from you in the future?
I’m launching a new hair-care line in 2014. It’s a small luxury product line that I’ve spent years developing, and I’m very proud of. Also, I’m still producing films. I have some projects that I’m working on now that I have the next five months off.

Any new year resolutions?
I don’t necessarily believe in resolutions, but I just want to keep working on myself, and just try to be the best person I can be.You can never shrink in the presence of anyone. You have to shine bright because that is your power.
RELATED:  Kenya Moore Says Apollo Nida Might Have Been With Someone Else in L.A.! (VIDEO)

No comments:

Post a Comment