Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Kim Zolciak Defends 'Racist' Remarks


Zap2it.com:
Kim Zolciak wasn't on her best behavior on the Season 5 premiere of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" -- and she's the first to admit it.

But were her rude comments about co-star Kandi Burruss' new home actually racist?

"Racist comments! I been telling y'all this 4 a while now," NeNe Leakes tweeted after Kim referred to Kandi's affluent neighborhood as "ghetto" and "hood," and told Kandi of her indoor swimming pool: "Well, you don't need sun, that's perfect for you!"

"NeNe constantly insinuated 'I come from a trailer park and I am the racist one?" asks Kim in her Bravo blog. "I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I know my character, and the multiple friends of different races that I do have know it as well!

"Like I have said before and will say here again for the last time, COLOR means absolutely nothing to me," she continues. "It is the person's character and blatant ignorance that determines the non-friendship between me and the person."

Kim admits she "wasn't in the best mood" after she and her assistant, Sweetie, to see Kandi's new home. "It was over 95 degrees outside, I was 7 months pregnant, and Kandi's home had no A.C. running. Sweetie told me it wasn't safe at all (however I still went to support Kandi), and in fact there are several movies and songs that describe and portray the harshness of that area.

As for the swimming pool comment, Kim insists it was "a silly joke," not a racial slur.

"My comment about her having an indoor swimming pool because she's black was just a silly joke. Kandi, Sweetie, and I laughed. Quite frankly, I wish I had one myself."

Kandi may have laughed at the time, but she later blogged that she was "offended" and "irritated" by Kim's " ghetto neighborhood comments."

"In my opinion," writes Kandi, "the stuff that Sweetie says to Kim adds to the whole racist theory people have about Kim." 
Again, I'm just not with the p.c. police. Is Kim Zolciak totally ignorant? Of course she is. But racist? I don't buy it. Sane black people don't hang around, much less befriend racist white folks--I mean NeNe Leakes herself used to call Kim one of her best friends and we know Kim has other black pals (including Sweetie)  too. To me, better proof of Kim actually being "racist" would be if she had a problem with one of her daughter's dating a black guy or the like. Personally I've never liked Kim, but frankly speaking, a big reason she's so popular and has been on RHOA so long is because she can be just as loud, ghetto and unfiltered (i.e. a "hoodrat") as her more popular co-stars. The "racist" stuff comes from her skin color, not because she really is one IMO.

RELATED: Did Kim Zolciak Steal Kandi Burruss’s Potential Baby Name? Kandi Says ...

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely ridiculous! Kim is not a racist..she was best friends with nene for so long and sheree was in her wedding? So I'm pretty sure if anyone thinks shes racist is an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think Kim is a racist...HOWEVER... because a majority of her friends are black she feels that it is okay to mimic some of the things that black people say to eachother,which in turn is not a good look. Kim is just blatantly ignorant and her friends need to put her in her place, some of the things she says are out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do however feel that Kim is not comfortable with other people's successes. She didnt seem happy for Kandi's beautiful new home, she wasnt happy for Cynthia when she got married, and she didnt seem to thrilled for Nene when she had her segment on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think kims not a racist she loved kanids mother more than her own mother, kim wants to be one of the girls, no color in between just like sisters.

    ReplyDelete