Sunday, November 18, 2012

Aviva Drescher Talks “Biggest Disappointment” of RHONY Season 5


Wetpaint.com:
With Turkey Day just around the corner, Aviva Drescher has a lot to be thankful for this past year. Not only has her family been thriving but, after a quiet start, she quickly became one of the most interesting cast members to watch on Real Housewives of New York. Whether it was her intense fear of small planes, her Casanova father or her knock down, drag-out shouting matches with Ramona Singer, Aviva was often the focal point for some of the season’s biggest drama.

But that’s not to say she wouldn’t change certain things if she could go back in time. (Hey, wouldn’t we all?) Luckily, it looks like she’ll have the chance to do things differently next time around, since she’s rumored to be returning for season six. In the meantime, Aviva opened up exclusively to Wetpaint Entertainment about her biggest Season 5 regret.

Wetpaint Entertainment: What do you wish you could change about season five?

Aviva Drescher: Well, I want to make it clear that I’m not blaming anyone here because I’m partly responsible, but my greatest disappointment is that my prosthetic leg and my phobias were so front and center. In my real life, they are very much in the background of everything. I live life to the fullest. But on the show, I feel like they got exaggerated.

I was portrayed as if I spend my life dwelling on those things, which isn’t true. And it was especially disappointing because it undermines what I’m trying to do, which is to tell amputees  that it’s no big deal and you can still do anything you want.

Are there any other misconceptions that you want to clear up?

I think people got the idea that I never fly because I’m afraid. That’s not true – I travel by plane all the time. It was just the plane to St. Barts was very small and there was  a big nose-dive at the end of the flight.

If you return for the next season, what would you like to focus more on?


If I were do the show again, there’s a lot I would show, including all the business projects I’m involved in that lead back to charity work.

Will you be in New York for the holidays?

We might. We’re debating staying here in the city or going to Florida. But if we go to Florida, I’ll be flying there!

There have been rumors lately that the show may be casting new women…or inviting Jill Zarin back for Season 6. What are your thoughts on that?

I think Bravo knows what they’re doing. I have great confidence they’ll make the right decisions. I wish Jill only the best.
RELATED: Aviva Drescher Explains Why Fran Drescher Footage was Cut From RHONY

No comments:

Post a Comment