Friday, November 9, 2012

Karent Sierra: “People Misunderstand My Niceness for Weakness”


NBCLatino.com:
The “Real Housewives” franchise is known for its deliciously drama-filled episodes featuring cat fights and table-flipping (alongside Chanel handbags and luxurious homes) but “Real Housewives of Miami” star Karent Sierra isn’t about adding to the heat that Miami is famous for.

“I’m not here to judge or to criticize anyone’s actions and how they portray themselves, but I’m always me – no matter what people have to say,” says Sierra, who is a new face on the second season of Bravo’s Miami installment of its hit series. “People mistake my niceness for weakness, but I love to smile and be sociable!

I’m a true friend and have maintained long-lasting friendships with girls from pre-school – that says everything about who I am. And if I need to defend myself, I will.”

It’s an attitude that’s made the former  beauty queen the subject of several well-documented arguments on the show; a plot line that Sierra says, can be chalked up to the mix of personalities on the popular show.

“I’m a positive person, but even I didn’t think it would be realistic to be friends with all six of the girls,” says Sierra. “I went in confident about making several great friendships, and I have – they’re not just for TV.”

Sierra, who says she’s particularly close with fellow cast mate Joanna Krupa (“we were stranded in New York City for a few days because of Hurricane Sandy and I got to see the real Joanna, just a beautiful person inside and out,” says Sierra), explains that she brings to the show a particular brand of “niceness” that doesn’t necessarily fit into prime-time drama.

“If you’re going to scream at me and not give me the respect I give you, I’m not going to bother returning that behavior,” says the dentist, whose clientele at her posh Miami dental practice includes stars like Pitbull and Eva Longoria. “I know what it means to be on Bravo and get exposure – and I don’t want any negativity that would get in the way of my goal of pursuing acting.”

Say again? The beauty queen turned dentist wants to be an actress? “Yes,” giggles Sierra, who explains she’s always wanted to entertain through a role on a sitcom or television show.

“I’ve always wanted to pursue TV and film – it’s been a longtime passion of mine,” confesses Sierra, who was born in New York City and attended dental school in Wisconsin. “But my parents taught me to be to never depend on a man for my livelihood. I earned my independence through my education and career; I decided to go through the dental school process, worked for other dentists and worked long hours to make my practice successful and now my work has given me the chance to pursue my dream.”
RELATED:  Real Housewives of Miami's Joanna Krupa Braves Hurricane With Karent Sierra, Dishes on "Adriana Slap"

No comments:

Post a Comment