Monday, November 5, 2012

Kenya Moore Says 'You Can't Compare Me To Anybody Else'


HuffPo.com:
"Real Housewives of Atlanta" fans, a word of advice: Don't call Kenya Moore the new Sheree.

I made that mistake when I caught up with one of Atlanta's new "Housewives" (Season 5 premieres Sun., Nov. 4, 9 p.m. ET on Bravo), and she made it very clear that while she might be bringing as much drama to the show as Sheree did, she's her own brand of drama ... kind of like beauty queen meets drama queen. 

Kenya, best known as Miss USA 1993, joins the cast of "Real Housewives of Atlanta" Season 5 along with fellow newcomer Porsha Williams-Stewart, wife of former NFL-er Kordell Stewart, and she's already making waves in the very first episode, butting heads with Cynthia. But judging from the Season 5 trailer, it looks like she fights with just about everyone ... except Phaedra's husband Apollo, who she may have a little crush on.

So after wrapping up a season full of drama, is she still glad she chose to do the show?

"I'm happy that I did choose to do this show. For me, it represented a big change in my life, and an amazing opportunity to grow my brand, experience something I've never done before, and to hopefully change my life. So I'm happy so far," Moore said. "But I haven't seen any episodes yet," she added with a laugh. 

Keep reading for her take on the other "Housewives," the moments she disappointed herself and her young fans and for scoop on a group trip to Anguilla that she promises will live up to the hype.

I just saw the premiere and you do not disappoint. There is already a lot of tension with you and Cynthia at the Bailey Agency. Is this a season-long conflict?
Well, you know, we bump some heads. Early on, you're in a new environment, you're around new ladies and you bring your own personality to the table, and you just kind of never know who you're gonna get along with and who you're going to bump heads with. I think it's sort of clear from the first episode that Cynthia and I don't necessarily see eye-to-eye when we meet. [Laughs.]


You'd been living in L.A. before moving to Atlanta. Did you know any of the "Housewives" before you signed on for the show?
I don't know if you want to consider Lawrence a "Housewife" ... I'm sure he would love to hear that he's a "Housewife," but he isn't! [Laughs.] But I've been friends with Lawrence for over eight years, and he's actually one of my best friends. I was his first celebrity client, and we just forged a friendship and became very close. So Lawrence was my connection, but I'd also met Kandi before and had met Sheree before, but obviously she's not a part of this season. But I did not really know any of the other girls at all. 


It's good that Sheree isn't around this season, because it seems like you could possibly be the new Sheree of the group.
Oh honey, you can't compare me to anybody else! Uh-uh ... we're not gonna have that. [Laughs.]


Your "Housewives" opening credits tagline says it all -- "I won Miss USA, not Miss Congeniality" -- but do you have a life motto? Words that you live by?
My life motto is something I remember Bill Cosby saying: You can't please everyone. So you just have to sort of strive to please yourself ... there's no way in the world you're going to please everyone. So that's sort of how I am -- I'll dance to the beat of my own drum. I'm not a follower; I feel like a leader. You either love me or you leave me. 


Well, a lot of ladies in this cast would consider themselves leaders as well, especially NeNe. What is your relationship like with her?
The relationship is new, so we're sort of still feeling each other out. I think you'll see that during the first few episodes ... our relationship evolves ... I think some of the ladies are very territorial, so I'll let you guess who that is. 


The big trips are always the biggest microscope on the crazy of the season. What can we expect this year?
I'll say! Well we take several trips, but certainly the most eventful is the Anguilla trip. It will not disappoint. It is drama from us packing to go on the trip to us actually getting off the plane -- it's just non-stop drama, tension, everything that the franchise is known for.
RELATED: ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Premiere Recap: Kenya Moore and Cynthia Bailey Get Off to a Rocky Star

9 comments:

  1. She came off as trash in last night's episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been one episode and I already can't stand this woman

      Delete
  2. She seemed really nice n friendly when her n Lawrence were at the restaurant, but when she was at CYNTHIA'S AGENCY she turned into a bitch that just wouldn't shut up,what the hell? I would have thrown her out had I been Cynthia. Also the way they make the previews seem as if she's going to fall for APOLLO, what a skank if she does,I hope she's not thinking of turning all stalker ass on him. I like PHAEDRA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First show dont prove. Nothing. She's a great person. Reality people's. Stopped being so judgemental of people's lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U never get a second chance at making a first impression. Enough said!

      Delete
  4. Thank God, I'm not watching this season. SO sick of NeNe's screaming and yelling like a wild moose. Won't be tuning in this season and glad to have my evenings back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can compare you Kenya to what you most closely resemble, dog shit on the bottom of a shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can Kenya be ms. USA? She seems so rude and judgmental..that looks bad for the USA! She looks trashy and ridiculous always talking so highly of herself..already the first episode and I hate her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss kenya Moore, what a piece of work she is and so arrogant, so full of herself, but I find her extremely insecure that's why I feel she's overly aggressive and a opportunist. I feel she acts like that to be talked about it makes her feel relevant whether it's positve or negative with her it does not matter. I have a feeling she will get on everyone's last nerve.

    ReplyDelete