Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ramona Singer Talks New Season & Fired Housewives


RealityTea.com:
It seems Ramona Singer‘s name is on the tip of everyone’s tongue these days as the Real Housewives of New York loose canon has been everywhere promoting her pinot and show!


Ramona, who as we know, hawks quite a few products was recently honored at the Stevie Awards for Women in Business as the 2011 Mogul of the Year. Whoa — So, that uh constant Pinot advertising has apparently paid off! A photo of Ramona receiving her award is below.


And to celebrate her success, Ramona did a sit-down with Celebuzz about what it’s like in Pinot-land! Some excerpts from the interview are below!


Do you see yourself as a role model for women?
I actually say, for my daughter [Avery], I’m probably killing her as a role model. We actually discussed this. When I first started the show, I already had my own business for 20 years; I was already self made. Being on the show got my creative juices going, and I said, Let me show my daughter first-hand how you can start up a business. And then another business started, and another business started, and I realized that maybe now I’m raising the bar too high for her – or even for myself! [Laughs]


Did any of the Housewives attend the ceremony with you?
Yes, actually. I had Sonja [Morgan] there, who is my good friend on and off the show, and I had several other Housewives [there] whose whose names can’t be mentioned yet, I don’t think. But we did film it for the show, yes. *(The other Housewives are allegedly Carole Radziwill, Heather Thomson and Aviva Drescher).


Did everyone get along?
You know what? We all get along at times and we all don’t get along at times. That’s what happens in life, right?


The Real Housewives of New York City made a lot of headlines when it was announced that Jill Zarin, Cindy Bishop, Alex McCord and Kelly Bensimon would not be returning next season. Has the dynamic of the show changed following their departure?
Obviously, filming the show this season with people not being on that were there last season, and with some other new people [on this season], the dynamics change. I think change is good. I embrace change.


How did you react when you heard the news?
It was a double-edged sword. Part of me was saying, Oh my gosh, It’s going to be sad not to have everyone together again. But the other part of me embraces change. I’m always changing. I’ve changed my businesses, my career, constantly, and I think change is good.


Do you keep in touch with any of the former Housewives?
Alex. Alex and I are still friends.


The show has become known for its big trips. Will there be another trip this season?
We always go on a trip; we’re always going on a trip.


Beyond the Stevie Awards, what will we see from you this season?
Basically, you are going to see me as woman who I think really, truly has it all. I have a marriage going on 20 years. [My husband Mario] is filming more with me this year, and you’ll see how, 20 years later, we still have this love and attraction for each other, and it’s just really wonderful. You’ll see my daughter [Avery] … She’s [now] a junior in high school. She is the apple of my eye, she is just beyond blossoming and she’s just successful in every way … And just my entrepreneurialness and trying to help women. A lot of women are now seeking me out to say, “How can I start my own business?”. I gave a class at the Learning Annex [on] having it all, how I started my business, how anyone can start a business. And I had no connections; I did it with me, myself and I. So, if I can do it, anybody can do it.


Interestingly in the interview Ramona confronted myths that Sonja and her are feuding and that none of her cast mates get along with her; mentioning that they attended the Stevie Awards — although the fact that they filmed it for the show means the other ladies may have been required to attend whether they wanted to or not!


Additionally, Ramona reveals that we can expect the new season to premiere in Spring or Summer of 2012 and she has big plans to branch out into clothing design! Ramona Couture, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment