Friday, January 17, 2014

Yolanda Foster: 'Every Day I'm Fighting for My Life'


LifeandStylemag.com:
In and exclusive interview with Life & Style, Real Housewives of Beverly HillsYolanda Foster opens up about the devastating effect Lyme disease has on her.

“Every day I’m fighting for my life,” Yolanda tells the new issue of Life & Style.

“For the past year, I’ve felt like I was in prison in my head.”

The former model, and mom-of-three adds, “I had such severe neurological Lyme disease, it shut down the function of my left frontal lobe. I couldn’t write, I couldn’t read — I was in bed for eight months staring at the ceiling.”

But Yolanda explains it wasn’t until last February, after learning her brain function was down to just 20 percent, when her doctor finally recommended a clinical trial that used electroshock therapy to reactivate parts of the brain. And it worked!

Before the trial, “I started to think I was going insane,” she tells the mag. “There were times I felt I couldn’t live another day this sick.”

With several treatments left to go, Yolanda says function is up another 20 percent. “I’m optimistic,” she shares. “I realize how blessed I am to have all that I have.”
RELATED:  Real Housewives' Yolanda Foster, 49, gives husband nude photobook of HERSELF for sexy anniversary present

No comments:

Post a Comment