Friday, August 27, 2010

LuAnn de Lesseps Talks New Crib & RHONYC


NewYorkSocialDiary.com:
The Countess LuAnn de Lesseps is a lot looser and more fun in real life than in “reality life” – at least the one depicted on her reality TV show “The Real Housewives of New York” but she’s nevertheless just born for this modern world of self-promotion, YouTube and celebrity. She’s a natural, effortlessly and expertly parrying our questions into good PR. Even when we asked her when someone last hurt her feelings, she deftly and instantly told a story about someone else whose feelings had been hurt, and the Countess (she does take the title seriously) had been hurt on her behalf – albeit genuinely. Her PR-perfect answers were genuine – she’s an optimist and not someone given to brooding, so in a sense, she can’t help being good at the promotion game. In a moment of hard-headedness, said flatly: “You do whatever it takes to survive when you want something.” She’s gorgeous-looking in a natural, unplasticized way, has that undeniable “star” quality. It also has to be noted here, she has a derrière so perfect it ought to be insured.

You’ve had a tough two years so does this apartment represent a new start?


This is a new start for me. 


Do you believe in new starts? Are there such things?

I do. I believe that you can have a second life and a third life, if you’re lucky. You just have to move on. You just do it and only you can do it.


So you’re an optimist?


I am an optimist—and adventurous. I wouldn’t be on this reality show if I wasn’t adventurous.


How did you get on to the show?


I met Jill Zarin at a party … she walked up and said [does imitation of Jill Zarin] “Hi, I’m Jill Zarin!” and I was like, who the heck is that? I mean, with the red hair and the accent … I was like oh my God! But she has a big heart and she was a person I immediately liked. She wears her heart on her sleeve and I like that. She told me about this show … and at the time it was called “Manhattan Moms." 

No comments:

Post a Comment