Thursday, August 12, 2010

Examiner.com Interview w/ Gretchen Rossi


Examiner.com:
"The Real Housewives of Orange County" is the reality show that started it all for Bravo's landmark series, and the famous ladies are all currently at work getting ready for the next season of the show (which will premiere later this year).

Out of all the members of the cast, Gretchen Rossi is certainly one who receives plenty of attention. She originally joined the cast in season four, and had to go through the struggle of losing her fiance Jeff. She also has been able to use the show as a platform to launch both a line of makeup and handbags, which you can find out more about below.

I recently had the chance to engage in an email conversation with Gretchen about her life.
--
Matt: What interested you in being on a reality show to begin with?

Gretchen: It wasn't necessarily about me having interest as much as it just seemed to keep showing up in my life. I had been asked to be involved in the entertainment business since I was a little girl. My parents kept me far away from that whole world. Then I was asked to do two other reality shows before 'Housewives', when I was approached to do 'RHOC', Jeff (my dear late fiancé') encouraged me to finally take up the offer. Jeff was ultimately the one that convinced me to go for it! He knew that I had desires to be in the fashion and beauty industry and he saw it as an opportunity for me to pursue my entrepreneurial dreams and desires.

You have been through so much on the show since you joined the cast. Has it ever been difficult sharing that much of your personal life on TV?

YES! Beyond difficult. I could have never imagined how hard it would be. Looking back I would of never done the show if I knew the outcome of Jeff and my situation. That was way too difficult to go through on national TV. When Jeff and I agreed to do the show we thought he was going to go into remission any day, unfortunately cancer has a mind of its own and took a turn for the worse. I was now under contract and unfortunately could not just walk away from my responsibilities within my contract. Jeff encouraged me to stay on and make it work because he really wanted me to succeed and pursue my other dreams.
Love how Gretchen keeps pretending that she's reluctant to be on RHOOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment