Friday, August 27, 2010

Charles Ommanney Talks "Real Housewives of D.C." & Divorce From Cat


NYTimes.com:
EARLIER this summer, as he stood alone in the lobby of Washington’s Mandarin Oriental hotel with a packed car parked out front, there was no one to say goodbye to Charles Ommanney despite a decade of life in the city. Six months earlier, he had a wife; two children; three dogs; a house in Chevy Chase, Md.; and a gaggle of cameras following him around. 

Every Thursday night, you can still see that earlier version of Charles Ommanney’s life, like a “Twilight Zone” episode in which, in a strange quirk of post-modernity, his previous life continues to play out in real time even as his current life runs in the opposite direction. That’s because Mr. Ommanney, on Bravo at least, is Cat Ommanney’s spouse on “The Real Housewives of D.C.” 

“I haven’t seen it, but I’ve seen the previews and I made a promise to myself to not sit and watch my ex-wife,” Mr. Ommanney, sounding miserable, said by telephone from Miami. “It’s just too painful. I’ve got eight more weeks of hundreds of Facebook requests from people I don’t know. I’d almost like to go and live in Katmandu. I have very few regrets in my life, but this is the one.” Once, he points out, if you Googled “Ommanney,” you would have discovered three centuries of naval admirals going back to his great-great-great-grandfather. Now you find rumors about the marriage breakup and snarky tattling on the show.
With all the talk about Cat possibly being a racist I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt early on, but last night's episode, what with how she handled herself at the Salahi's winery, proved that while she's no racist, she's definitely a bitch. That said, is anyone surprised that she's now getting divorced? If it's one-n-done for Cat Ommanney I don't think that anyone will miss her.