Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Siggy Flicker Explains Her Constant Tears on 'Real Housewives of New Jersey'


BravoTV.com:
Some viewers have felt for me -– others have questioned my sanity -– either way, there’s no denying I’ve cried enough tears so far during this season of the RHONJ to form a Flicker River. You may have noticed I’m an emotional person, but do you know why I’m so emotional? I’m ready now to fill you in.

I’ve always had issues with my fibroids, but two years ago, they were inflamed enough to require surgery. During the surgery, my doctor, Dr. Nimesh Nagarsheth who saved my life, found a pre-cancerous tumor on my other ovary. Who knew inflamed fibroids could be such a blessing?! I underwent a full hysterectomy and my body went into complete shock; my hormones were –- and occasionally continue to be –- out of whack. My doctor recommended that I do hormone replacement therapy to counter the effects of my uterus being removed, but after much research, I decided against it because of the increased breast cancer risk associated with it. I also opted to have my breast implants removed because I couldn’t stand the thought of anything foreign in my body anymore. I embrace my hot flashes and my highs and lows. I’m alive and healthy, and that’s all that matters to me!

Now more than ever, I’m able to focus on what I feel is truly important in life. I’ve never been one to partake in drama, and after going through something like this, I know all too well that you don’t know what each day brings; life is too short and too precious, and there are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE THAN PETTY BULLS---.

I’m so lucky that my girlfriends have accepted me for who I am, an empathetic, compassionate, loyal friend to all of my loved ones. I’m also so grateful that they respect my wishes -- I don’t want to be in the middle of any more drama. The ladies and I have a pact: Teresa and Melissa won’t talk about Jacqueline in my presence, and Jacqueline won’t talk about Teresa or Melissa around me. I respect them and love them ALL too much to tolerate anything being said about any of them. Thank you, Chris, for understanding that I’m about mending, not breaking people.

What I do wish is that everyone on the show would sit down together and really listen to each other, the way Melissa and I did over coffee. You get so much further with people when you sit down with them, really listen to what they have to say, and you’re honest with them. I saw Melissa in a whole new light after our conversation, and I’m so glad that we each took the time to meet that day.
RELATED: 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' recap: Welcome to the jungle, Siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment