Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Carole Radziwill on Age, Diet, Skincare and Dating


ELLE.com:
Let's get one thing straight: Carole Radziwill is not a real Real Housewife. In 1999, Radziwill lost her husband, Anthony (son of Lee Radziwill; nephew of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis) to cancer, just three weeks after the tragic death of her best friend, Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, and her husband, John F. Kennedy Jr, as well as Bessette's sister Lauren. The award-winning journalist picked up the pieces and went on to publish a memoir, What Remains, a New York Times bestseller. Before the release of Radziwill's second book (now on its second run) The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating, ​​Andy Cohen offered her a spot on The Real Housewives of New York City. ​Needless to say, Radziwill accepted, and the rest is tightly-edited history.​

"I don't watch reality television," says Radziwill when we meet at her sprawling West Village home. "If I do watch anything like Housewives, it's only to see if they have better lighting than us, or editing. Atlanta and Beverly Hills were off the charts." But Radziwill doesn't need strategic lights to shine; she has the glow of someone with a very healthy love life. Her boyfriend of almost a year, chef Adam Kenworthy, appears every so often with a juice, and they beam at one another with the adoration of a new relationship.

Here, Radziwill discusses her favorite deli breakfast, why she won't step foot in a gym, and the secret to dating in New York City.

Eat intuitively:

"In the morning, I have coffee. I try not to, but I love it. And I have a banana or a bagel with cream cheese. I love the Korean delis. I don't have a relationship with food. I pretty much eat whatever is in front of me. I don't have a relationship with alcohol either. I know some people that I work with that are like, 'Let's get a cocktail or rosé.' I'll just have a dirty martini. Although Adam makes fresh margaritas that are amazing and if all drinks tasted like that, I'd probably be an alcoholic, but they don't. ​I don't like cleanses, and I don't believe in them. You know what the cleanse is? Don't eat for a whole day. Don't eat anything. Fasting one day a week is the healthiest thing. You'll live to 100."

Never chase men:

"I'm the queen of first dates. I can go on a thousand first dates, and I always have a good time. I'm not a girl who has ever chased men. I like them, but I don't get myself worked up for them, and I don't get validation from them. I don't think of them as a prize. Usually men in my life have been men who are like Adam. He knows what he wants and what he likes. There's no gaming or chasing. I guess I'm just old fashioned.I think men are biologically hardwired to chase, and if you don't allow them to do that, subconsciously, they feel like there's something not right about the relationship. But you have to as a woman give a man an inkling that you are interested."

1 comment:

  1. I love Carole. She's been through hell. I wish her nothing but blessings and happiness.

    ReplyDelete