Thursday, July 24, 2014

Aviva Drescher Doesn't Regret Throwing Her Prosthetic Leg Across the Room


People.com:
While she's no stranger to hurling insults, Aviva Drescher took it a step further on the Real Housewives of New York City season finale by tossing her prosthesis across the room.

"There were three shrews attacking me, and I really just wanted them to zip it," she tells PEOPLE. "Some people throw down their glasses when they get angry and I just threw down my prosthesis. And you know what? It worked. They fled."

Never far from some drama, Drescher has faced off with several of her cast mates on season 6 of the Bravo reality show, but when it came to tossing her leg, it was a first, even for her.

"I normally only take it off when I go to bed or shower," she says. But despite causing a big scene, the reality star wouldn’t think twice about doing it again.


"I don't have any regrets at all. I only have experiences that I've learned from. If I could do this all over again, I think I would, because these girls, they just don't listen. They didn't want to hear what I had to say."

One thing that concerned Drescher: Whether her prosthesis could handle being tossed through the air.

"I don't know what I was more worried about," she says. "The Jimmy Choo or my leg, but it all worked out.

"I've been going to A Step Ahead Prosthetics in New York for 12 years, and one of the reasons that I did the show is to have a platform to raise awareness for amputees. I take so much pleasure in offering guidance to the right surgeons and prosthetics, and mine didn’t break!"

The drama continues with part one of The Real Housewives of New York City Reunion on Tuesday (9 p.m. ET) on Bravo. 
RELATED:  'Real Housewives Of New York' Cast 2014: Aviva Drescher Demoted From Opening Credits Of Season, Andy Cohen Explains [VIDEO]

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this will be a new event at the next summer Olympics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aviva was fortunate that one of the ladies handed the leg back! Someone needed to scoop it up and place it in the Coat Check. THAT would have made for epic television viewing!

    ReplyDelete