Friday, October 18, 2013

Adriana De Moura Talks Wedding Ceremony to Frederic Marq


USmagazine.com:
Fans of Bravo's Real Housewives of Miami got a glimpse of Adriana De Moura's elaborate wedding to Frederic Marq on the Monday, Oct. 14, episode of the series' third season. But a lot went on behind the scenes that viewers didn't get to see. Us Weekly sat down with the bride before the episode aired to get all the details on her ceremony, dress, reception, and more!
As seen on the show, art gallery owner De Moura and French hotel designer Marq tied the knot on Friday, May 17, at Coral Gables Congregational Church with 70 of their closest friends and relatives as witnesses. Fellow Housewives Alexia Echevarria and Lisa Hochstein served as bridesmaids, along with former Housewife Marysol Patton, pal DJ Kerr, and De Moura's niece Carla. All five wore white -- as did her groom and all of their guests. In fact, De Moura was the only one not in white; she donned a gray tulle gown by Gabriella Arango Couture.

The idea behind all the white, she explains, was to have "no negative energy. It was about peace and love and just purity in the sense of emotions and intentions." It was also, she adds, a nod to the Brazilian tradition of wearing white on New Year's Eve. "It signifies the passing, the purity, the new beginning...and that's what I wanted to do with my wedding," she tells Us.

As for the ceremony itself, which featured a couple of special performances by her 12-year-old son, Alex, who read Maya Angelou's "Alone" and played a Chopin prelude on the piano? "It was very intimate and very heartfelt," she says. "For me, I wanted it to be about my son being happy that finally now we are having a sacred moment where our families are really uniting -- having that symbolism, that ritual. And I think the whole ceremony was very heartfelt and emotional in that sense."

(De Moura and Marq have been engaged since RHOM started airing in 2011. Alex is her son from a previous marriage.)

The ceremony was indeed emotional -- for both De Moura and her groom. "He tells me that the moment it truly sunk in was when he saw me, the first glimpse he had of me walking down the aisle," she tells Us of Marq's feelings about the big day. "He said in that moment he just felt this rush across his body and he was really taken up with emotion. You know, that moment meant a lot to him...That's the moment he said he really felt a lot of emotion and he was like, 'Wow, you know, this is really happening.'"
It happened, all right. But not without a few hiccups. Though De Moura tells Us the ceremony "came out exactly the way [she] dreamt and even better in some ways," getting to the altar was no easy task. Marq actually lost his tuxedo a few hours before showtime, and De Moura was so stressed out by all the planning and preparation that she almost passed out.

"I was just so overwhelmed at a certain point, I felt like I was just going to faint," she explains. "I was just so drained by all of the things I had to do prior to and the day of that I was just literally almost passing out. I was just overwhelmed, physically and emotionally, I guess."
She eventually recovered, of course -- enough to party until almost 1 a.m. Following the ceremony, and a not-so-quick costume change, she and her guests headed to the Biltmore Hotel for a Great Gatsby-inspired bash, complete with a champagne sabrage (a ritual involving a sword and a bottle of champagne). 

"After we finally got to the party and the dinner turned into dessert and the champagne started rolling, we started to have fun, and then everybody was on the dance floor," she tells Us. "I danced with Frederic, I danced with my son, and I danced with my bridesmaids, and then everybody started dancing to my song. It was a fun party."
RELATED: Adriana on the Wedding Scandal

No comments:

Post a Comment