Monday, September 2, 2013

Dina Manzo Appears On "Oprah: Where Are They Now?", Says Antics On 'The Real Housewives' Left Her 'Horrified'

HuffPo.com:
In 2010, Dina Manzo shocked fans when she walked away from "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" after just two seasons. On an episode of "Oprah: Where Are They Now?" airing Sunday, Manzo looks back at her decision to leave the show, saying the drama between cast mates left her "horrified."

In the above clip, Manzo says she knew from season one of "Housewives" that she wanted out. "When I went home at the end of the night and I was shaking instead of feeling inspired, I knew there was something wrong," she says.

But at first, Manzo says, she enjoyed working on the show with her family and friends. "At the very beginning of filming we had a lot of fun," Manzo says. "Because they weren't sure what direction the show was going into -- it was before the table flip happened." 

The infamous furniture flip she's referring to occurred in season one, when Teresa Giudice tried to flip over a dinner table during an argument with cast mate Danielle Staub. 

"That kind of sent the show into a different direction -- I think, the entire franchise into a different direction," Manzo says.

At the time, Manzo's daughter, Lexi, was a pre-teen. "I was with my daughter and I was shaking and I kissed her on the head and I said, 'Don't be like any of us, including myself,'" Manzo says. "I just was so horrified that my daughter saw that."

Manzo also talks about Giudice's federal fraud charges and her feud with estranged sister, "Housewife" Caroline Manzo, in the episode of "Oprah: Where Are They Now?" airing Sunday, Sept. 1, at 10 p.m. ET on OWN.
RELATED: Joe and Teresa Giudice vacation in the Hamptons with Dina Manzo following fraud charges

No comments:

Post a Comment