Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kyle Richards Talks Dodging the Reality TV Relationship Curse


Parade.com:
The women of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills are coiffed and coutured so it only makes sense that one of their kind—Kyle Richards—has created a place where shopping isn't just an errand, it's a method of relaxation and socialization.

"We wanted it to be very inviting and comfortable," Richards told PARADE about her store Kyle by Alene Too (which is open now in where else? Beverly Hills!).


"It's a place where people want to sit down and hang out. It really is the new place we hang out. My husband had the girls recently while I was in New York for work and they hung out at the store! I want people to feel comfortable and glamorous at the same time."


Read on for more about her transformation into a businesswoman, keeping her marriage strong, her exciting TV plans, and chopping off her flowing, chestnut mane:


On becoming the boss.

"It's been a real learning process. My partners in Boca have successful stores there so they were really teaching me the ropes. Then getting the store up and running was another learning process between permits and Beverly Hills codes. It's been a fun process and I've learned a lot. It's brought out the businesswoman in me."

On changing her habits.

"I can't shop anywhere else. I used to have to run around to a million different stores to get everything I needed but now everything is under one roof. So now I don't like shopping anywhere else unless I have to. I think I'll eventually have to do [menswear]. Dedicate a corner to men and maybe kids. My girls run in there all the time and Portia asks where the things are for her."

Kyle on reality TV vs. Kyle in reality.

"On the show, we go to a lot of events so we're dressed up a lot. But at home, I have little to no makeup on and am just in jeans and a t-shirt or leggings. I have to be comfortable when I'm at home."

Her luscious locks.

"I have cut it before. My hair grows really fast and when I'm on the show, I have to color it sometimes and I wish it wouldn't grow as fast so I wouldn't have to color it as much when we're shooting. I've cut it many times. The shortest I ever cut it was to my shoulders. I dyed it blonde and had that choppy, Sally Hershberger cut that was so popular. It just did not look good on me. Some people didn't have the nerve to tell me until it grew out. This is just the look I feel the most comfortable in and is the most like me."

Her big TV news.

"I only stepped away from acting when I was pregnant and my babies were little. I was on ER for ten years on and off. I was pregnant during some of it and hiding my stomach in my scrubs. I really have a passion [for acting]. I actually sold a pilot. I can't say what network but it's a half-hour sitcom. I can't say yet [what it's about] but I'm really excited about it." 
RELATED: ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ star Kyle Richards sells sitcom pilot

2 comments: