Thursday, August 30, 2012

Gretchen Rossi Talks Overcoming Bulimia, Working Out With Hotel Lamps


Celebuzz.com:
With such a fast-paced schedule, how does Real Housewives of Orange County star Gretchen Rossi ever find time to work out?

“Because I travel so much, I end up doing a lot of my workouts on the road,” Rossi told Celebuzz in an exclusive interview. “I know it sounds silly, but I’ll literally get into a hotel room, pick up the bedside lamp and start doing bicep curls. Sometimes you just have to improvise when you don’t have the time.”

Revealing her “get fit” tips, Rossi — who ranked No. 25 on the Celebuzz 101 Hot Bodies countdown — gave Celebuzz the scoop on her guilty pleasures, her new secret health habit and which housewives she thinks are the hottest. (Hint: She doesn’t share an area code with any of them.)

Celebuzz: What was the ‘a-ha moment’ in your life that made you want to take health and fitness to the next level?
Gretchen Rossi:
I grew up playing soccer and softball, and was a cheerleader. So, I’ve always been extremely athletic. As far as taking my health to the next level, though, it was actually in high school, because I suffered from an eating disorder. When I finally decided I wanted to get healthy and educated about how to stay in shape, I went and got my personal training certificate. I started training other people in college, which really helped me get past my own issues, because I was able to help people in that way. Now, I’m totally capable of knowing how to take care of myself on my own.

Celebuzz: What exercises do you do to stay in shape?
GR:
I work so much that I don’t get the consistent time to be in the gym any longer. I do have a trainer that I work with, Ken Rawlins, and he’s amazing. I have him meet me at the house because my schedule is that crazy! He brings a bunch of equipment with him and we do everything from free weights and exercises on the bench to work with rubber bands and these things called gliders that I found. We’ve been using those a lot lately, which has been really fun. Basically, we do a lot of lunges and squats and pushups on a ball.

Celebuzz: What’s on your workout playlist?
GR:
 I definitely work out to music; it’s more motivating. But there are times that you don’t need it. I go on walks on the mornings that I’m up early. The dawn is so beautiful that you really don’t need music. Normally, though, I listen to a playlist of “ampy,” get-you-going songs. Lately, it’s been my own song “Unbreakable”; it’s really a great workout song! I didn’t even realize what a great workout song it was until I put it on my iPod; it really gets me going. Also, I absolutely love anything by Britney SpearsLady Gaga and Katy Perry.

-------------------------------------

Celebuzz: What’s your guilty pleasure?
GR:
Alcohol will always be on my list. I’m really more of a social drinker and have a cocktail when I’m out on the town on a Friday or Saturday night with friends. And, if I feel like having a bite of dessert when I’m out, I will. I won’t do much more than that, because that’s when you end up eating the entire dessert. I don’t do well with that.

Celebuzz: Do you have any secrets for total body confidence when putting on a bikini?
GR:
First and foremost, get a spray tan; that’s the number-one top secret. It really helps to disguise cellulite. Also, little things like a really good moisturizer that makes you look shiny and pretty really helps, too.

Celebuzz: Do you have a secret habit that is part of your healthy lifestyle?
GR:
In the last three months, I’ve really been been upping my vitamin intake — MSM, Grapeseed Extract, things like that. I’m also trying this new product called Play Again, for healthy joints, because when I workout a lot they sometimes ache and hurt. I hate to swallow pills, let alone having to take them; but you really start to see your body change, so it’s worth it.
RELATED: Real Housewives' Gretchen Rossi Thinks Alexis Bellino Is Copying Her, ‘Single White Female’ Style

2 comments:

  1. I think the title should be "Biggest sleezbag of Orange County!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen, you are a loser and so is your pathetic boy toy.I feel sorry for that poor child you two will bring into this world.And Gretchen everytime I see you, your face looks like it is going to explode with face lift.You are obsessed with looking younger. For goodness you said you are only 33. You two are like the trashiest, most disgusting, and weirdest couple on Bravo Tv

    ReplyDelete