Friday, February 3, 2012

Sheree Whitfield Dishes On “Who Gonna Check Me, Boo?”, She by Sheree's New Direction and Phaedra's Crush on Her


Wetpaint.com:
Sheree Whitfield isn’t the first housewife to release a song, but her single “Who Gonna Check Me, Boo?” has actually been in the making for years. And unlike the other Housewife songbirds, Sheree is donating part of the proceeds from the song to charity.


Wetpaint Entertainment spoke exclusively with Sheree about her song, and how she thinks it stacks up to other Housewives' tunes!


Wetpaint Entertainment: Tell us about your new song, "Who Gonna Check Me, Boo?"


Sheree Whitfield: Well, after the scene with the party planner from last season, I had this producer tweeting me like crazy telling me he wanted to do a song about it. I was like, "No, that’s not what I want to do." But he was very persistent. And everywhere I went, I had people coming up to me saying, “Oh, I just had a ‘Who Gonna Check Me, Boo?’ moment!” I couldn’t get away from it!


We hope you trademarked the phrase…


I did! So the producer finally called and I said, "If you can make it relevant to who I am today, let’s do it." So we did. And what makes me really happy is part of the proceeds go to an art and music program for inner city kids in Chicago, which is where the producer is from. You can buy it on iTunes.


How do you think it measures up to the other Housewives' songs?


Well, it’s no “Tardy for the Party” but I think it’s pretty good!
RELATED: Sheree Whitfield Talks She by Sheree's New Direction, Phaedra's Crush on Her

No comments:

Post a Comment