Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Heather Dubrow Talks About Her Television Debut


Ology.com:
When The Real Housewives of Orange County premieres Tuesday night, viewers will see a new face (and hair color). The seventh season introduces Heather Dubrow, wife of prominent plastic surgeon Terry Dubrow and mother of four. The former actress seems to be everything the other ladies want to be -- hot, happy and, of course, wealthy. Ology got to know the new housewife and what she will bring to the group of girls.
OLOGY: Well Heather, welcome to Real Housewives. In the past, new women have had a hard time breaking into this group. How did things go during your first group gathering?


HEATHER DUBROW: I was pleasantly surprised with how well we got along. I never watched the show before being cast, but I heard stories about them. I’m really enjoying their friendships. Out of everyone though, I would say Alexis and I have had some friction, which I guess you’ll have watch to see what happens.


It seems that way from the previews. It also seems like Gretchen throws in some digs about your acting. How did that make you feel?


Oh, it didn't bother me. I've never gone by Heather Dubrow in my professional life, so I wouldn't expect her or anyone to know.


Since you're new to the show, what can viewers expect from you during your first season?


They’ll get to see how I acclimate to the group. I think me coming to the show is sort of interesting, because I've never seen the show. I came in with fresh eyes and met everyone for the first time. I think this will reintroduce everyone to the audience.


It seems they brought you in at a good time since so much has changed for the other ladies, especially Tamra and Vicki. What was the hardest part about joining the show?


When I agreed to do the show, we started filming two days later. So I was completely unprepared for it. Having never done a reality show before I was surprised by how many hours it requires. It’s a huge time commitment; probably more than I’ve had with a scripted show. This is a lot of work and it puts a lot of strains on your relationships.


I know as a viewer I forget that this can take a toll on your lives. How do you deal with the stress that comes with it?


I try to keep a good support system. Whether it s your significant other, or your kids or your friends, you keep them close and it gets you through this.
RELATED: Meet Heather Dubrow, Orange County's Newest Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment