Friday, February 17, 2012

Cynthia Bailey Opens Up about Trip to South Africa


Gather.com:
The Real Housewives of Atlanta women are currently in South Africa on the episodes airing on Sunday nights and as this season is slowly coming to an end, the women are slowly opening up about their reflections on the life-changing trip to the motherland, at least for Cynthia. In her new blog post, Cynthia Bailey opens up about how the trip has affected her and how it was to be back in her motherland.


"Even though I spent time there years ago as a model, nothing could prepare me for my return to the motherland with the girls. From the moment we arrived at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport, I had a small suspicion that this journey we were about to embark on would be like none other," she writes in her official blog. And surely, this trip was different than any other trip Cynthia took as a model, considering she was often in the middle of arguments between NeNe, Sheree, Marlo and Kandi.


"I wanted soak up everything that African had to offer, and in return, give back offerings of my own. I embraced the culture with open arms. I dressed in African inspired clothing and jewelry, got my hair braided, and enjoyed a hot cup of healthy Rooibos red bush tea every morning," Cynthia explains about giving back to the African community and taking in everything the surroundings had to offer. And when she writes it like that, it sounds silent and idyllic, but those watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta every Sunday night knows that peaceful and drama-free is the last thing the trip was.


Sure, the women were dramatic on the trip, including Marlo's request for a hair and make-up person as the women headed out for a safari trip, but it seems Cynthia thought highly of everyone the day they visited the orphanage and bought supplies and food for the children. And while it was big of them, one action doesn't excuse some of the other outrageous things that happened on the trip.
RELATED: Real Housewives of Atlanta (Almost) Catfight of the Week: Marlo Hampton vs. Cynthia Bailey

Another recap HERE.

2 comments:

  1. It's just Rooibos tea. Saying Rooibos red bush tea is redundant you moron. As a South African who relocated to Florida I was excited to tune in to catch glimpses of my hometown, Cape Town. These women embarrassed me. The way Cynthia was dressed "African inspired" made her look ridiculous. Nothing she wore reminded me of Africa it reminded me of a black woman who is so out of touch and was wearing a phony costume. Those women taking a trip to the "motherland" is a joke! They know nothing about the hardships and the reality of South Africa, let alone the rest of Africa. They wouldn't last a day in the harsh reality of South Africa. And if I heard them say they wanted to see a tiger one more time I would have thrown my remote and the tv. THERE ARE NO TIGERS OR BEARS IN AFRICA!!!!! READ A BOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with anonymous, wow could not have said it better. Cynthia is a trouble maker, wow that one fight got pretty bad and it was started by her, she said she would not have said anything if she knew that would happen. She knew darn well what would happen that's why she did and continues to do it.

    ReplyDelete