Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kandi Burruss Talks New Season Drama & Business Ventures


RealityTea.com:
With the new season premiering on Bravo November 6, the ladies of Atlanta are gearing up for more drama (Nene Leakes will be back, after all!). However, when all is said and done, one of the Real Housewives of Atlanta proves it takes hard work, and not hair pulling, to remain in the spotlight.


In a recent interview with Sister 2 Sister, Kandi Burruss discusses returning to Season 4 in light of the recent firings of the Real Housewives of New York. When asked what to expect, she reveals, “You never know. I don’t feel too comfortable. I can’t be too comfortable.” Kandi continues, “That’s why I keep multiple things going on. In my opinion, I’ve been in the industry long enough to know that you may be hot, but as soon as you cool down, people are ready to say, ‘She fell off.’”


I don’t foresee Kandi falling off any time soon with all the business ventures she has in the works. Besides being part of the Housewives franchise, she maintains her popular radio show “Kandi Koated Nights,” owns a boutique called Tags, and has developed Bedroom Kandi, a new line of sex toys. To top it all off, Kandi is joining the likes of cast mate Kim Zolciak and getting her own spin-off on Bravo, aptly titled “Kandi Factory.” Oh, and don’t let me forget about her role as executive producer for a program on a different network…where does she find the time?


Kandi admits, “I have multiple hustles. I’m always thinking about what’s my next move.” However, her fans shouldn’t worry that she’ll be jumping off the housewives ship any time soon. She says, “I want them to keep me as part of the show.”


Giving fans a sneak peek at what’s to come, Kandi teases, “It’s so much drama this year. It’s not going to be like one big thing. It’s going to be multiple arguments and blowouts.” She continues, admitting, “There were times I had a couple words.” However, don’t expect to see Kandi throwing drinks, flipping tables or pulling wigs. She jokes, “That’s when you get me acting straight street.”


Getting away from the drama and closer to her roots, Kandi is also the head of Kandi Cares, a foundation created to help single parents “afford to do things for their children they might not be able to afford” without assistance. Kandi says, “I’m from a single-parent home and I am a single parent. I used to get in trouble when I wasn’t involved in extracurricular activities. The best thing to do for kids or any children is to get them in the most activities as possible.”
RELATED: Kandi Burruss Named in Top 25 Women of Atlanta, Talks Not Falling Off

No comments:

Post a Comment