Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crazy Kelly Bensimon Announces Shoe Line


EOnline.com:
Move over, Manolo Blahnik!


Watch out, Christian Louboutin!


Kelly Bensimon is about to step on your toes...


Proving that she's not about to let the end of her run on The Real Housewives of New York City slow her down, the former reality TV star just announced that she'll soon be launching her own line of shoes, Kelly by Kelly Killoren Bensimon.


She'll start with a collection of ballet flats set to debut in the spring.
PlayIt's a Boy for "American Pie" Star
PlayMeet Mariah Carey's Twin Babies
PlayLindsay Lohan Goes to the Morgue


"I want to make it super chic but incredibly affordable because I feel like why can't fashion be democratic?" Bensimon tells me.


She also wants fashion to be charitable.


For each pair of the $39.99 flats sold, $3 will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Fund.


"The reason I am doing this is because I'm the mother of two girls," Bensimon said. "If I can put my name out there on something creative and help generate money to find a cure for this disease then I'm going to do it. I've seen the courage and I've seen the hope and I've seen amazing women persevere through such horrible situations. It's really exciting to be able to help in any way."


Bensimon has no plans to stop at shoes. "This is the start of a bigger Kelly collection," she said. "This is my first huge milestone and I'm hoping to bring all this great product and be able to be as charitable as possible on the largest scale possible. That's my goal. That's what I want."

No comments:

Post a Comment