Sunday, October 23, 2011

Caroline Manzo: ‘Teresa Wanted To Destroy My Family’


People.com:
The feud between Real Housewives Teresa Giudice and Caroline Manzo may be new but it looks like it's here to stay.


On part one of the explosive New Jersey reunion show, Teresa brought up an apparent rift between Caroline and her sister, former Housewife Dina Manzo. But Teresa later said, "I don't get Caroline's problem with me."


Now, in a new blog on Bravotv.com, Caroline clearing up any confusion and revealing her reasons for wanting to keep the "sad situation" between her and Dina out of the spotlight.


"My fear in having this issue exposed had nothing to do with me at all. It was all about my parents," Caroline writes. "Teresa knew how important it was to me to keep the Dina issue hidden, but ... she finally had her moment at the reunion. Did she think I would deny it? Congratulations, Teresa, the only thing you succeeded in doing was hurting my parents. What a fool I've been in my efforts to bring your family together when it was your intent to destroy mine from the start."


During the reunion, Caroline revealed that Teresa said she never planned to make up with her brother, Joe Gorga, and had called him "an a------." Teresa denied this and called Caroline a liar.


But if Caroline is so interested in keeping family business away from the cameras, why did she bring that up? Caroline insists she was telling the truth, but says she regrets the comment.


"I will never forget the look on Joe Gorga's face when he saw the clip of me outing Teresa's true feelings about reconciling with him," she says." "Many of you think Teresa said this to me in confidence, not true, it was widely known and said to others beside myself. Joe didn't deserve to hear that, and I wish I never said it."


And before signing off her blog post, Caroline says she doesn't take Teresa's comments – whether it's what she said at the reunion or in her cookbook – too seriously.


"She can never hurt me, because I take into account where it's coming from," she writes. "Unlike you, Teresa, I can look in the mirror and hold my head high knowing that I have always given the best of myself to my family and friends. I live my life with integrity and self-respect."
RELATED: ‘Real Housewives Of New Jersey’ Reunion Tonight (Video)

7 comments:

  1. If you can look in the mirror and see integrity, then you are the only one seeing respect. I do not believe that a sister would turn on a sister because of something a friend/outsider would say. and you deliberately said what you said about Teresa last week for spite, and because the viewers pointed out how wrong that was to deliberately hurt their family, you say you regret it. If you had integrity, you wouldn't have done it in the first place. You cannot undo things with saying I am sorry, and you know that. You were nasty, and that is your personality. Teresa is no saint, but none of you were. Everyone had a vicious, vindictive side, and so you dropped one person, and became friends with the same character. Unbelievable. To say that Teresa came in between you and Dina, but you remained friends with her, that's character and integrity. I don't think so. You and Jacqueline are phony, and should not consider yourselves any better than Teresa. Accept responsibility for your own actions, and quit blaming someone else. As Teresa said, take your own advice and quit preaching to everyone else. You are in no position to give advice--your mean streak came through loud and clear. I am not a Teresa fan, or a fan of anyone who is pretentious, loud-mouthed and has no loyalty. Everyone talks about loyalty--you and Jacqueline showed loyalty. WRONG! At least Teresa was consistent with her poor behavior, and wasn't pretending to be someone's friend and then say she was never her friend at all. It seems to me, that you used her as a friend when it was convenient to you, not the other way around. Kathy and Melissa showed their own true colors from episode one, so no one crucified them to the country. Their poor behavior spoke for itself, and if you treated them poorly, that is on you, not Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt sorry for Teresa. If Caroline had integrity she woulda handled much of this privately. Instead she went to the reunion to attack her. She sat there smugly, giving Teresa's family smirks and knowing looks meant to encorage them to attack her. She preaches so much about family, yet she is trying to pit Teresa's family against her. She needed to shut up when Teresa was arguing with her family, instead she jumped right in. She did not take the high road once. I think there's alot more to Caroline vs. Dina than Teresa's involvement. Caroline in no kind motherly figure like she tries to portray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love Teresa. But it's obvious that she is as fake as they come- she talks about everyone behind their back! She is NOT a true friend! She thinks that what everyone does or say is to attack her and that everyone is wrong in what they say or do except for her. She is obviously blind. I feel bad for Melissa that has to actually deal with her because she is part of her family. Teresa you're old hunny, Grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline is full of shit. She is a hypocrite and extremely two faced. How can this woman say that Teresa set out to destroy her family by exposing Caroline's rift with Dina, and in the same breath say she regrets exposing what Teresa said because it hurt Joe BUT still claiming that it was said to numerous people. Whether Teresa said it or not she knows that she is attempting to mend her situation with Joe, Melissa, and Kathy and to say what Caroline said was an attempt to derail that and clearly can have the same affect on the Gorga's that Caroline is claiming Teresa set out to do. Caroline loves to dramatize others actions as malicious and backhandend, but everything she does is justifiable. She is a self righteous bitch and her true colors are showing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It amazes me that Caroline sits there with a tear in her eye saying she is just concerned about her parents. lol She is stirring up trouble in another person's family. I guess she never considered their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly!!!!! It's okay when Caroline does it but when it is somebody else they are the devil. Teresa didnt even bring up Caroline's feud with Dina, Andy did. Dina has said countless times that Teresa has nothing to do with it. Caroline has fueds with several other family members, was that Teresa too? From what I gather if you dont abide by 'Caroline's Law and Code of Conduct', then she wants nothing to do with you family or not. Another instance of hipocracy, whether Teresa brought the stripper boss to the Posche fashion show or not, how is it any different from Caroline taking that book to the salon and putting on display for everyone to see. Caroline is disgusting and her ways are becoming so evident. If Teresa was that bad of a person why would she appear to be hurt by Caroline's about face. She even wanted to continue to respect her when they were arguing, she was ready to call her a bitch it was on the tip of her tongue but she switched it up and said 'babydoll'. Who's the real animal here?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How anyone doesn't see past Caroline is beyond me. First of all, I am shocked no one has mentioned how she told Teresa she was finally taking her own advice from 2 years ago to get Tre out of her life. Really 2 years ago? Once I heard that, it rang a bell. I really think the ultimate reason this drama has escalated is bc of pure jealousy. It is clearly obvious that Teresa has been the most successful in past business ventures because of the show. All other NJ housewives, including Caroline, had failed ventures, ie. cookbooks, etc. Maybe getting Danielle kicked off the show boosted a new ego in Caroline and helped her demise a plan to get Teresa off as well. It doesn't hurt that she has her two little followers, Melissa and Jacqueline, that will do anything to please the "godmother" herself, join her on the hate train. Plus it isn't too hard for Melissa to join considering her and Teresa's tense relationship in the past. Anyway going back to my original point... Since Caroline has always protrayed herself as a morally strong individual, if she didn't like Teresa 2 years ago, why didn't she out her back then? Was it bc she was afraid doing so would ruin her chances of fame on the show bc of Teresa's countless fans? Or because being "friends" with Teresa would be a smart move for her on the show? Either way, it's purely fake and I am finally seeing through it. I am not a biased Teresa fan, actually was a huge Caroline fan bc she seemed the most normal, but now all I see is Mrs. Grinch. And for the record, I love how everyone is getting on Teresa's case about the book, when the entire season the Laurita, Wakile, Manzo (kids involved), & Melissa Gorga were bad mouthing Teresa, Joe, and her kids. I think the book was a good scapegoat to get everyone against Teresa. I will agree, it was a bad move on her part.

    ReplyDelete