Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Teresa Guidice Talks Looming Court Battle


ABCNews.com:
Now one real housewife and her husband facing a messy legal battle. For alleged fraud and tax evasion and in an ABC news exclusive they're talking for the first time since being charged. Amy robach is here with the story. 

Good morning, Amy. Goo, guys. There are courtroom battles for sure looming for "Real housewives of New Jersey" star Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe. 

I spoke with them about the troublings they say have only brought them closer together. I'm a Jersey girl. No one can knock me down. 

Reporter: She's the bravo beauty who isn't afraid of a fight. Stupid . Reporter: Is the Teresa sitting here the same Teresa on TV? 

I'm very easy-going, very low key. You don't normally flip over tables. I did that, what, first season. 

Reporter: Now New Jersey housewife Teresa Giudice is preparing for another battle away from TV and straight into a courtroom. According to court documents obtained by ABC news, they're facing a 41-count indictment allegedly the couple engaged in mail and wire fraud, bank fraud and bankruptcy fraud from 2001 to 2011. What did you know about any of that? 

I would love to answer all your questions and one day I will. But, you know, out of respect for the process, I'm going to let, you know, the legal matters play out in court. Reporter: The documents also allege that Joe failed to submit tax returns for 2004 through 2008. 

In total according to federal authorities the guidices obtained more than $5 million in bank loans due to fraudulent and falsified paperwork. I can't just be upset and crawl up in a ball and just go in a room and lock the door. I can't. 

I'm a mom. I have four daughters. Reporter: But when the door is shut and they are in bed do you get to do that? 

Yes. And I do that. I mean, I would be lying to say that's not happening. 

Reporter: The guidices have pleaded not guilty and at the request of their lawyers have asked for separate trials. If granted, documents say Joe will testify to Teresa's noninvolvement in the alleged criminal activity. What have you specifically told your kids about what mommy and daddy are going through? 

My three little ones against really know what's going on. My oldest does know something is going on but, you know, we say mommy and daddy have a legal team that's handling it. Reporter: If convicted each is facing up to 30 years in prison and Joe who was born in Italy and is not a U. 

S. Citizen could be deported. You say you got to be strong for the wife and kids. 

How do you do that. You have to. You have to be strong-minded number one.  
RELATED: Mind Your Own N.J. Business! Teresa Giudice & Melissa Gorga Warn New Costars Their Famed Family Fights Are ‘Off Limits’

No comments:

Post a Comment