Monday, February 24, 2014

Porsha Stewart Says Marriage to Kordell Stewart Held Back Music Career


Examiner.com:
Many viewers of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" were surprised to find out that Porsha Stewart can actually sing, which she proved on the last episode when she auditioned for Kandi Burruss's musical. In her latest Bravo blog entry, posted on Wednesday, Feb. 19, Porsha explained that she has always wanted to be a singer but her musical ambitions got sidetracked when she got married.

"I started singing when I was younger in church, took some time off, then came back and sang as an adult on my church praise team....As time moved along I started singing demo tracks for various producers and studios. I ended up getting married and ended up losing my support system that wanted to help push me into the music industry towards my musical dreams. Well long story short, now I'm on my own and ready to follow my dream!" she wrote.

While Porsha didn't specifically say that her ex Kordell Stewart held her back, she sure does imply it with her line that she lost her support system when she ended up getting married. As viewers saw on the last season of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," Kordell was quite adamant about having a wife who fulfilled the traditional stay-at-home model.

She also revealed that she will be releasing her first single, titled "Flatline," done with producer Chris "Traxx" Rogers, in two weeks time. Perhaps soon she'll be releasing a single written and produced by her co-star Kandi Burruss? She may very well be the housewife to release a single that beats Kim Zolciak's "Tardy for the Party."
RELATED: Kordell Stewart: I’m Not Dating Towanda Braxton!

No comments:

Post a Comment