Sunday, February 9, 2014

Kim Richards Says ‘RHOBH’ Helped My Sobriety & Made Me ‘Feel Important’


RadarOnline.com:
Although the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills set is usually flowing with champagne and chardonnay, living a sober life hasn’t been a challenge for star Kim Richards.

The former child actress, whose public battle with addiction was chronicled in the public eye, admits the Bravo show actually helped her sobriety and that choosing to make her struggle public was a good decision.

“I think it’s important to love your job, to enjoy the people you work with—most of the time!” Richards told Dr. Charles Sophy, the Medical Director of the LA County Department of Children and Family Services, on the latest episode of his podcast, House Call with Dr. Sophy.

“When I’m not working, I don’t feel good. I need that responsibility. It definitely makes a difference when you love what you’re doing and you like the people you’re working with. I like my producers, I like my crew, I like the girls…most of the time.”

After completing her treatment, Richards said those first few months were difficult.

“I came home in the first month or two [from treatment] and it was kind of quiet, because we weren’t back in season yet. I was going stir-crazy. I did need that to get out, and go, and feel needed and important,” she said.

Ultimately, she let the Bravo cameras back into her life and doesn’t regret airing her struggles on the show.
“My decision to go back to work and live my sobriety out in the public, and live it out on [RHOBH]… it felt so healthy and good to get back out there.

“It just felt wonderful,” Richards said.
RELATED: Kim Richards Not Being Fired By Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills

1 comment:

  1. Does anyone else think she was high when she was at Carlton's Party?

    ReplyDelete