Thursday, September 6, 2012

IRealHousewives Interview Lynda Erkiletian


IRealHousewives:
iRH: Hi Lynda, welcome to iRealHousewives, how are you?

LE: Better than ever. Thank you.

iRH: How were you approached to be a “Real Housewife of DC”?

LE: I was approached by a production company who purported to be looking for interesting, intelligent women in the district to share their personal and professional lives. We did not initially know the show was to part of the Real Housewives franchise.

iRH: What made you decide to be part of the show?

LE: I thought the show would be a perfect opportunity to showcase THE Artist Agency and acquaint the viewing public with the Washington DC fashion industry, as well as the many worthwhile cultural and charitable organizations with whom we collaborate.

iRH: How is life after being on “The Real Housewives of DC”?

LE: In the beginning it took some adjusting to not having the cameras following me around but my life continues to be full; full of blessings and tests, or rather opportunities. And thankfully, both THE Artist Agency and The James and Paula Coburn Foundation continue to grow and thrive, providing a sincerely gratifying outlet for my professional and creative energies.

iRH: Do you still keep in touch with any of your DC cast members?

LE: I am still very much in touch with Cat and Mary, and occasionally I will see Stacy.

iRH: Last time we saw you, you were in a relationship with Ebong, are you guys still together?

LE: My mom moved in last year to undergo cancer treatment and recovery, which was an extremely emotional time for me. I found my main focus became her well-being and I was tapped out physically and emotionally. Ebong and I had a very special relationship that like most had its share of ups and downs. So when push came to shove I had little to give and he deserved more. As many of the viewers came to know, he is an incredible person and bestowed many blessings in my life. I will love him always.

iRH: Are you currently single?

LE: I am currently single (laughs), I have donated that one to the divine.

iRH: Can you give my readers an update on how your kids are doing?

LE: The kids are great! My oldest sons both graduated earlier this summer; Aaron from the Corcoran College of Art and Design, and Mihran from St. Joseph's University, where my youngest son, Sam, has just completed his Freshman year. Jessica has moved with her boyfriend to the Philadelphia area and she is currently assisting with the James Coburn Biography that we are preparing to release. And I am gaining a daughter! When Aaron marries his longtime girlfriend, K.C., who has been a beloved part of our family for years.

iRH: You've been very vocal about being diagnosed with dyslexia. At what point in your life did you realize you were dyslexic?

LE: When I was young, not many people were familiar with or considerate of learning differences like dyslexia. I had an unnecessarily difficult and discouraging educational experience and was thrilled many years later to find an academic and professional network of support when my son was diagnosed. It was a blessing in disguise however in that it was the dyslexia that drove me to seek out alternative options in different creative fields. Also the key to success with dyslexia is surrounding yourself with a team of English majors.
RELATED: My Washington: Lynda Erkiletian

No comments:

Post a Comment