Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Taylor Armstrong Moving On After Husband's Death


HuffPo.com:
It has been almost a year since "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" cast member Taylor Armstrong’s husband committed suicide. Armstrong says the year has been filled with pain, but now she is ready to move on and help others who have experienced domestic violence. And she might even start dating again.

"Statistically, my life could have ended in a murder suicide. I feel my life was spared and I want to use it for the greater good," Taylor says. "I didn’t get here by choice -- I got here by circumstance. I’m doing much better. It’s almost been a year since my husband took his life; it was bumping for a span. I have gone through stages of grieving. You do go through them. I still have tough days and get sad. Sometimes, I wake up and think, did this happen?"

"My little girl is doing great," she continued. "I want to be healthy, mentally and physically, for her. I’m not dating, I am actually feeling like it's time for me to get back out there and find happiness. I want my little girl to see what a healthy relationship looks like. My story is so public, there is no mystery about me. All any man needs to do is read my book. It’s going to be a problem dating. Dating for me is going to be a strange experience, but at same time there will be no surprises for anyone that signs on."

Taylor was recently named the national spokeswoman for the oldest and largest domestic violence organization in the U.S., the
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and plans to take her story about finding a healthy relationship to the high seas with a Mexican Riviera cruise.

"It seems to be the trend. Everyone from Kid Rock to Paula Deen is doing a cruise, so I figured I got to get involved. It’s going to be all about health, empowerment and relationships. My therapist, Dr. Sofi, who is on the show, has agreed to come on the cruise, and he’s going to do some workshops of healthy relationships," Taylor says. "I’m going to get some other people to come along. I would love to have some of the housewives come along and invite experts from the world of health and fitness. I’m good with the girls; we have all been through so much together. I want Kyle [Richards] and Lisa [Vanderpump] with me, cause we would have so much fun."
RELATED: 'RHOBH' Star Taylor Armstrong Reflects on Husband's Death and Moving On

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad she is moving on. I felt so bad for her and it must of been so hard dealing with it in the public eye. I am glad that she is able to move on from this! And I like that she is putting her kids first, that's what is best.

    ReplyDelete