Saturday, August 9, 2014

Ramona Singer Announces Separation From Husband Mario on Twitter


LATimes.com:
Ramona Singer, a "Real Housewives of New York City" cast member since the show's 2008 inception, is finally ditching her husband of more than two decades.

"I have decided to move on with my life without Mario," the 57-year-old said Thursday via Twitter. "I tried my best to make my marriage work. I am excited for the new chapter in my life."


The reality-TV star's announcement isn't entirely surprising. In January, she filed for divorce after a reportedly rocky six months that culminated in her finding her husband at their Hamptons home with another woman. She denied the allegations of infidelity at the time, and the couple seemed to have reconciled a few months later.

However, Singer was extremely touchy about her marriage during the Season 6 "RHONY" reunion, sparring with costar LuAnn de Lessups and jumping down host Andy Cohen's throat when the topic came up. (The get-together was taped in late June, with Part 2 airing earlier this week and Part 3 coming next week.)
Singer was adamant about categorizing those January cheating stories as merely "allegations" while De Lessups was treating them as fact. She also refused to answer Cohen's question about whether her friends had been supportive.

"I'm not talking about this anymore," Singer declared. "It's a personal matter. I want this closed down. Stop it, Andy. ... I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to talk about anything. I'm my own person, I am a great person, I have my life, I have myself, and whatever will be will be -- and I don't want to discuss this, OK?"

At that point, Kristen Taekman suggested her irritated costar take a Xanax.

Ramona Singer's stonewall-type denial has ultimately turned out to be impossible to maintain: On Wednesday, pictures were published online showing Mario Singer having a cozy-looking meal a few days earlier with Kasey Dexter, the woman who in January was alleged to be his mistress of several months. Another shot showed the two holding hands as they walked across a New York City street.

So much for those "allegations."

Ramona and Mario Singer have one daughter together, 19-year-old Avery. According to TMZ, the "RHONY" star is asking for both their New York City apartment and that Hamptons retreat.
RELATED: Team Ramona! Sonja Morgan Standing By ‘RHONY’ Co-Star Singer As Her Marriage Implodes: ‘She Knows I’m Here For Her’

6 comments:

  1. I am sorry for Ramona and her child. I am sorrier for Mario who will answer to God. This is very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Ramona was so in love with him. He was her rock. I feel so badly for her. I have to wonder about their daughter. This is a terrible time in her life to have this happen. I have seen great, stable, smart children make terrible life decisions after their father left their mother for someone they had an affair with.

    On a lighter note - it will be so fun to watch Ramona and Sonja together next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she can finally hook-up with Fabio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About time. That vile hag deserves Ramona every last bit of misery that comes her way for all the nasty stunts she's pulled over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramena deserves every bit of karma comen her way.she's a horrible person,treats people like crap.&I'm sure mario will be so much better without her.see what happens when you think your better then everyone ramena! Karma is a *itc*.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mona, you had it coming, with the way you've treated others over past seasons.

    ReplyDelete