Wednesday, July 3, 2013

5 Things You Didn’t Know About Joyce Giraud


TooFab.com:
Rumors are swirling that Joyce Giraud is joining "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," and while the the former beauty queen kept mum at Kyle Richards' fundraising benefit for the Children Hospital last week, we still found Joyce to be fascinating and wanted to know more. Here are five things you might not know about the former Miss Puerto Rico.

1. She is a huge anti-bullying advocate.

Joyce shared with us her own details of being bullied as a young teen. "I was very skinny and very lanky and kind of awkward. In Puerto Rico everybody is a little more voluptuous, with these beautiful bodies and there I was the skinny lanky girl," she revealed. "So they called me Olive Oil [from Popeye], they said my body was the spaghetti and my head was the meatball."

2. She's a woman of action.

Joyce’s bullying experience made her want to be involved with The Friend Movement.  She is cohosting an event with "Pitch Perfect" star Hannah Mae Lee at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles Monday night  (it's a busy night for Joyce; her "reality" drama "Siberia" premieres at 10pm on NBC).

3. She's a mother.

She has her hands full with sons Valentino, 2 and Leonardo, 3.  Joyce playfully refers to them as her "little rascals."

4. She know the pressures of the pageant world.

Joyce was a former beauty queen, and the second runner up in the 1998 Miss Universe pageant. She even gave her take on the recent pageant blunder made by a certain Miss USA contestant (Miss Utah, we’re talking about you). "I just feel for the poor girl I think my heart goes out to her.  In a moment like that there are millions of people watching you, there's a lot of pressure," Joyce explained. "You’re representing women throughout the world so the pressure is very intense. But at the same time you need to prepare yourself."

5. She has the best-kept secret for hair care (I mean the girl does have some gorgeous locks!)

"My one main secret I did right after my pageants days, is I only wash my hair once a week," she dished. "I tell everyone you have to stop washing your hair so much!" Joyce also uses the help of avocado mask to keep her hair looking camera ready. 
RELATED:  New Housewife Joyce Giraud Spotted Filming With Lisa Vanderpump (PHOTOS)

No comments:

Post a Comment