Monday, February 14, 2011

Marysol Patton Talks About Being In Front of the Camera for new Reality Show


AHN.com:
New Jersey, Atlanta, New York, O.C., D.C., Beverly Hills… and now, Miami! Bravo is bringing another group of feisty women to the small screen in the “Real Housewives of Miami.” And the big question is: what should we expect from this new group of ladies?


Marysol Patton, a public relations powerhouse in Miami with a long list of celebrity clients, is one of them who will surely captivate audiences everywhere.


Viewers can expect to see some hot Miami drama, when Patton tries to play nice with five other lades, which include: Lea Black – a mother and wife to lawyer husband Roy Black, Larsa Pippen – mother and “hottest NBA wife” to basketball star Scottie Pippen, Alexia Echevarria – an executive editor for a top magazine, Cristy Rice – a mother whole divorced NBA star Glen Rice, and Adriana DeMoura-Sidi – newly engaged gallery owner.


In an exclusive interview with Celebrity News Service, Patton talked about being an independent woman, having to get over her shyness of being in front of the camera, and of course, family.


CNS: How were you approached about being on the show?


MP: The casting director called The Patton Group and asked us for recommendations of amazing women. One of my employees recommended I go and the rest is history


CNS: Have you watched the other "Real Housewives?" And what was going through your mind before filming began for "RHOM?"


MP: I had seen the first season of Real Housewives of Orange County which I really liked. When we were filming I knew that our show was going to be very different from all of the others ones as our cast is very different and the tone was turning out to be light, humorous and upbeat!


CNS: How well do you know the other ladies of "RHOM?"


MP: I have known Alexia, Lea and Cristy for many years and since we started filming, obviously have gotten to know Adriana & Larsa as well.


CNS: What can viewers expect to see in "RHOM?" -- at least from you? With the other girls?


MP: I think the viewers will see a very eclectic mix of women - 3 of Cuban decent, a Brazilian and a Texan – which that alone is an explosive yet very fun combination. The viewers will also see me trying to balance my time between running my busy PR firm and my romantic life


CNS: Will viewers get to see you at work, hanging out with other celebrities, spending time with your family?


MP: Viewers will see me in my office, where I spend most of my time, running the day to day operations of my company and at different celebrity events that The Patton Group is brought on to run the red carpets for and of course, with my family.


CNS: What was it like being followed by cameras? How was that experience? Did you get used to it? Was it difficult at first?


MP: I have always been notoriously shy. For years I shied away from cameras at my events that wanted a sound bite. In the beginning I was very nervous about being in front of the camera but after I while I didn’t even notice they were there anymore and that can be very dangerous.


CNS: What have you learned from your experience doing the show?


MP: At most, I’ve learned how to keep my company in the forefront of my focus, while balancing the show and making time for my loved ones and friends….a healthy fusion of balance and spirituality.

No comments:

Post a Comment