Friday, February 18, 2011

Jill Zarin’s New Shapewear Line, Skweez Couture


WSJ.com:
Last night was supposed to be the glorious night that Bravo premiered the first episode of the Real Housewives of New York City’s fourth season.


To the disappointment of everybody on the island of Manhattan, the date was postponed, some say, due to a lack of crazy housewife drama .


But, anybody who knows Housewife Jill Zarin knows that not even the absence of a premiere would stop her from throwing a raucous premiere party.


After all, the ever-industrious housewife had scheduled the event to coincide with the launch of her new shapewear line, Skweez Couture.


“I didn’t cancel my party,” said Ms. Zarin, looking glamorous in spiky heels and an upswept ‘do. “Why would I do that?”


Instead of screening the premiere, Ms. Zarin decided to just focus on celebrating her svelte figure, made possible by a hot pink Herve Leger bandage dress, under which she wore her own brand of underpinnings.


Because, you know, if life gives you lemons, you drink champagne and throw a fete with Johnny Weir and fellow housewives Sonja Morgan, LuAnn de Lesseps, Cindy Barshop (the new one) and Alex McCord, among others, in the Meatpacking District, right?


Yes, that’s exactly what you do.


WSJ HEARD ON THE RUNWAY: Tell me about Skweez Couture. Bobby says it’s going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.


JILL ZARIN: Let me ask you something. Who wrote the article about me the other night? Was that you?


WSJ: About Bobby at the QVC party? Yes, that was me.


JZ: You wrote such a good story. Bobby was so freaking happy.


WSJ: Thank you.


JZ: That’s the thing about Bobby, and I am not putting anybody down on the other franchises of the show, but you know…he’s not a fame seeker. He doesn’t go out, but he does love the attention.


WSJ: Let’s talk about Skweez Couture. Why did you decide to spell it with a ‘K’?


JILL ZARIN: To be honest with you, I wanted to spell it with a ‘Q’ but I couldn’t get the trademark so I had to reinvent it. And I like the word ‘couture.’ We have five skin tones plus black, so you can go from light to dark, and it matches your skin tone. For our first go, it’s very ambitious. 35 styles. Multiple SKUs. Everything comes in “tight,” “tighter” and “tightest.” Our price point is about 25% less than the competition. I came up with the name from, you know, “Squeeze your fat ass into that dress.” It’s not brain surgery.


WSJ: Are you wearing one right now?


JZ: I sure am. I am wearing a onesie but it doesn’t have a bra so it comes up underneath and it goes straight down and has a snap bodysuit.

4 comments:

  1. I love Skweez Couture ! It's such an amazing product that makes you look so good. Jill really killed it with this idea. Good job Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really you guys have to try this amazing line of Shapewear! It is what all women have been waiting for. Sexy and Functional! What else could a woman ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sorry of Jill Zarin, everyone is always on her ass about things. I just think people are jealous of her success. Especially Ramona Singer. Ramona looked like a jackass with that red wig moking Jill Zarin, on her birthday. Ramona is going through menospause. She's a real bitch lately. Jill she's jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me a break! Jill is a money-grubber who is jealous of Bethenny's success. It's killing her that Bethenny has done so much better that she has, AND because people like her. Jill is just not a nice person.

    ReplyDelete