Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bethenny Frankel Strikes Out On Her Own In New Bravo show


BostonHerald.com:
Bethenny Frankel co-starred on three seasons of “The Real Housewives of New York.” Then she chronicled her wedding and the birth of her daughter Bryn on “Bethenny Getting Married?” Now she’s back with the unscripted series “Bethenny Ever After,” premiering Monday at 10 p.m. on Bravo.


“Will I be doing this forever? No,” Frankel said of her reality-show career during a recent conference call with reporters. “Without getting into the details of my relationship with Bravo, I have a commitment. It’s not like you get to be, like, ‘I want to do one season, and then, you know, you’ve spent all this money on advertising and crew and all of that and we’re done.’ And there are many things I do love about it. I think it’s a great message for women. I have developed a strong relationship with my fans.”


But the 40-year-old entrepreneur admits filming can be exhausting.


“It’s not me and six other women, where you can split the time between us. It’s just really me. I’m pretty much in every scene of the whole show, so it’s just a lot of work,” she said.


This season will follow Frankel and her husband, Jason Hoppy, as they adjust to parenthood and marriage. “Now we’re into the thick of being married, and the first year of marriage is hard because it’s two people from two different worlds now aligning, living together,” she said. “To say the very least, we go there just with what really goes on in marriage.”


The New York native is an executive producer on the show and wants to ensure that it is genuine.


“If Jason and I in general have had the same argument six times over about marriage or money or life or in-laws or something, at some point, I want to let the cameras catch that because I just hate when you watch these shows and, you know, someone’s, like, broken up with their boyfriend and you see them laying there in full makeup pretending that they’re sad. I just want it to be real and if we’re going to do this at all and we’re going to portray our relationship, I want people to get the whole picture.”


Frankel, whose newest book, “A Place of Yes,” will be released next month, is happy to have moved on from “Housewives.”


“Jason and I could never have stayed on ‘Housewives’ together. He’s like, ‘I don’t like these women. I don’t like what this represents. It’s nonsense and it’s just catty.’ And he hated it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment