Friday, May 21, 2010

Danielle Staub: "I Wasn't A Prostitute, I Was Paid For Relationships"


I can’t really tell who you people care about in the Real Housewife world, so I’m sorry if you find this one boring. Real Housewife of New Jersey Danielle Staub has already been outed as a former hooker in league with some kind of major Miami coke dealer back in the 1980s (sidenote: rumor is that the coke dealer was part of the Medellín cartel). In 1986, Danielle, who then went by the name Beverly Merrill in life (her hooker name was “Angela Minelli”), was arrested on federal charges of extortion and cocaine possession. She had six kilos of coke! Anyway, long story short, she cut a deal with the prosecution, pleading guilty to the extortion charge and cooperating fully. If you want to read about her arrest and her plea deal, Gawker has a really good summary, including some of the old court documents.

Anyway, parts of this story came out on the first season of RHONJ, in a hilarious dinner scene. Something about a “prostitution whore”. So Danielle/Beverly/Angela wants to set the record straight. So she’s written a book about her adventures, The Naked Truth. People Magazine has some excerpts from the book, as well as a short interview. Here are some of the highlights:
On writing the book: “I don’t want acceptance anymore. It’s my journey, I wasn’t afraid to put it out there.”
On her 1986 arrest: “I was 20, I didn’t have morals!”
On the on-air confrontation: “Reliving it all was gut-wrenching. But it was also the most incredible rebirth. I am blessed to have survived.”
Book excerpt, on her sexual abuse at the hands of members of her adoptive family: “Sexual abuse entered my life I was extremely young. My bedroom door would open in the middle of the night, and in would come a relative or family friend - one of my abusers - who’d climb into bed with me and treat me with no regard.”
Star-f-cking: “I was young, hustling and doing quite well. I dated an Olympic athlete. I met Don Johnson in an elevator and we ended up kissing for what felt like ages. I was at a party and I met Prince. All I am going to say is that he was the best kisser out of all the celebrities I have ever been with.
On being a prostitute: A friend introduced her to a “call service” and she began going on dates for money. Until now she denied having been a call girl. “Was I going to admit it before I’d been paid to admit it? No. What I was doing was not illegal. On the other hand, soliciting sex is. I wasn’t a prostitute! I was paid to establish relationships. I ended up having physical relationships with two men. I was attracted to them and they were attracted to me.”
Any wonder her own daughter looked liked she wanted nothing to do with her in those model shoots? Damn that "PROSTITUTION WHORE-AH!"

2 comments:

  1. Here is my analysis of Danielle's behavior and several of the other ladies.

    http://angelofdevs.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell Danielle is chomping at the bit to make her daughter bring in money -- Danielle sure is not lifting a finger to make her financial situation better.

    She is the most self-centered, egotistical of all the RH groups!

    Maybe Bravo should just start a new spinoff call "RHO-psychodrama" and have Danielle, Kelly, and LuAnn be the stars with occasional guest appearances from Ramona when she goes periodically goes "wide eyed crazy!"

    What I'd like about that is it would get the bizarros off of the regular show, and I could turn the psychodrama off.

    As it is now, I keep missing more than I get to see because I change the channel everytime LuAnn, Kelly or Danielle appear.

    ReplyDelete