Saturday, February 4, 2017

Erika Jayne Talks #Pantygate, New Music Video & The P-Word


Refinery29.com:
Since 2007, Erika Jayne has had nine No. 1 singles on the U.S. Billboard Dance Club chart. She’s worked with the likes of Flo Rida and Maino. Her up-tempo hits are direct descendants of the disco music that fueled nightclubs in the '70s. Latching onto this version of pop has helped Jayne reach icon status in the LGBT community, where her music is in heavy rotation. She even won the News Ally Entertainer of 2015 award.

I don’t think Jayne is the type of woman anyone would expect to be a housewife. MILF? Definitely. Housewife? Eh. Jayne has a wealthy husband in the form of Tom Girardi, but that’s where the trope ends. Still, she has assumed the title as one of the newer additions to the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast. But trying to wrap Jayne up into a neat little box doesn’t work in anyone’s favor.

At 45, Jayne is living a life that would turn a 21-year-old green with envy. On this season of RHOBH, she and her vagina have caused enough drama to have their own spin-off. But when pussy is one of your favorite words, these are the kinds of situations you can handle with grace. And Erika Girardi, the woman behind Erika Jayne, is nothing if not graceful. I was lucky enough to chat with her over the phone about her humble beginnings, her current grind, and going commando.

Let’s address an important issue. I’ve been watching this season of RHOBH and following the fallout of #pantygate. Why do you think it’s still such a big deal to go without underwear?
"I don’t know why it’s such a big deal. I think that something that was small and innocent on my behalf got turned into something else which is disappointing... I’ve said everything I needed to say about it. I’m not quite sure what the motivation is here. I don’t understand why the punishment. It’s unfortunate, honestly, to see women go after other women like that."

Are you and Dorit cool now?
"What you’re seeing now happened six months ago. Not to give away the show, but things progressed. When I watch the show now and I see the things that were said about me, it kind of reopens some old wounds. I’m not gonna lie. It’s like, 'Why would you say that?' or 'Wow, you really took that to heart and you really do feel that.' [There’s] so much I’m kept away from. All of us are. So when you see people's sit down interviews, and you see how they feel...their personal feelings in their homes you go, 'Well damn, okay. You really felt that.'"

Is there anything that people are going to be shocked or surprised to see from you in this season?
"No, I don’t think you’ll be shocked. You’ll get to see me with my mother in a very human moment. You get to see me cry. Which I don’t like to do. You get to see me be a little bit more human and not so showgirl all the time. Which I think is good because a lot times people feel that when there’s a lot of weave, and there’s makeup, and there’s pumps, and there’s boobs and ass, that’s all you can be. You can’t possibly be tender or caring or sensitive or loving. They kind of just paint you with one paintbrush. They never think: This is a human. This is a daughter, a mother, a wife, a friend. You get to see my mother and I talk about some sensitive things."
RELATED:  Prepare for Erika Jayne's 'Xxpensive' Video With Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Footage

No comments:

Post a Comment