Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Kim Zolciak-Biermann Speaks on How Having a Stroke Changed the Way She Lives Her Life


SheKnows.com:
Kim Zolciak-Biermann is opening up about how her perspective on life has changed after she suffered a stroke last September, caused by a hole she had unknowingly had in her heart since birth. She had heart surgery in October, shortly after the stroke.

"If my hand starts to fall asleep, I panic, because that's how my stroke started," Zolciak-Biermann told InTouch. "It's been hard, but I'm getting better."

She also revealed that having a stroke altered one major part of her life: her priorities.

"It's a process. It really changes you. I couldn't give two shits about some of the things I used to care about, like people's rude comments on Instagram. My husband and kids are all that matter," Zolciak-Biermann said. "It could've been the end of the road for me, so I just enjoy every single moment with them."

The former Real Housewives of Atlanta star is a mother of six. Since suffering a stroke, she seems to be more open and honest with her fans than ever. She recently got real about the plastic surgery she's had.

"I had a boob job and I've had a hernia fixed," she told E! News. "I had a pretty big hernia from the twins, so I said just do a tummy tuck, which is kinda the same thing, just makes the skin really tight. But that doesn't change my size. I'm the same size I was the day I walked into surgery, I'm just a little bit tighter looking."
RELATED:  Kim Zolciak-Biermann Begins Birthday Getaway With the Perfect View of Kroy Biermann in a Speedo

No comments:

Post a Comment