Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Peggy Tanous: "I Was In Denial" About Postpartum Depression


CelebrityBabyScoop.com:
Season six of The Real Housewives of Orange County welcomes another blonde mama, Peggy Tanous. The 41-year old former model and now stay-at-home mom is a mix between a holistic, new age woman and a wealthy Orange County party girl. Along with bonding with her new OC gal-pals, Peggy will shine a light about her struggles with postpartum depression. The mom-of-two opened up to Celebrity Baby Scoop about her daughters - London, 3 1/2, and Capri, 21 months - whom she would "love to do some modeling," how she beat PPD, and what to expect from her role on Housewives.


CBS: Tell us about your role on The Real Housewives of Orange County. What can we expect from you on the show?


PT: "I'm a wife and stay-at-home mother of two, so I guess you can say I'm an actual housewife [laughs]! Before my babies, I was a full time TV host, spokesperson and model. You can expect to see me this season with my family a lot and getting back into my work. You will also see Tamra and I becoming great friends."


CBS: You are a former model and now stay-at-home mother of two. What is more challenging - being a mom or a model?


PT: "Being a stay-at-home mom is way more challenging than being a model. I think being a mom is a tougher job than any 9-5 job!"


CBS: You struggle with postpartum depression. Please tell us your experiences with PPD. How do you get through each day? What seems to help? Please tell us why you have chosen to publicly discuss your battle with PPD.


PT: "I had PPD really bad after I had my first daughter London, but didn't realize I had it and was in denial. Then my husband and his mother did an intervention. I started taking a natural supplement called SAMe that really helped. I knew I wanted two kids, but was afraid to have another one. We decided to try and figured it might take awhile. I got pregnant right away, but luckily was able to take the natural remedies throughout the pregnancy. I still had bad days, but when Capri was born it was a totally different feeling. I wasn't scared or fearful, rather happy and nurturing.


Talking about it helps and exercise also really helps. I try to take a lot of walks. I wanted to be open about my PPD on the show, as this show is centered mostly around drama and if I'm able to help people with what I dealt with I feel it makes it all worth it."


CBS: We hear you love holistic living, but you also love plastic surgery. Do you struggle with this dichotomy? Please tell us what work you have had done.


PT: "I don't love plastic surgery. A better way to say it is that I'm not opposed to plastic surgery if it makes you feel good about yourself. Holistic in my eyes is spelled with a 'W' meaning whole! Inside and outside my body. I put in holistic remedies and organic food, but I also do upkeep on the outside.


As far as actual plastic surgery, I've only had my boobs done. Plastic surgery is when they physically cut you. Now as far as other beauty regiments, I do Botox and have had my top lip injected with filler - That is it! I've had people ask about my chin and cheeks, but I'm very blessed to have my grandmas Danish bone structure."

1 comment:

  1. Where did you do your boudoir photography for Mica at?

    ReplyDelete