Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cindy Barshop: 5 Things To Know


People.com:
New season, new Housewife, new drama.


Cindy Barshop, 46, has joined the cast of The Real Housewives of New York, which kicked off season 4 on Thursday. Will she be able to hold her own against her new costars – Ramona Singer, Alex McCord, Jill Zarin, Kelly Bensimon Sonja Morgan and Countess LuAnn de Lesseps? Only time will tell, but here are five facts about the Big Apple's newest Housewife.


1. A certain cast member intimidated her
Barshop has likened joining the cast to being on a "battlefield." She admitted to being nervous about meeting Zarin, but told PEOPLE, "Jill was actually the sweetest girl. She really welcomed me. And also Kelly – I heard she's not nice but she was."


2. She's used to hairy situations
Barshop is the owner of Completely Bare, a popular chain of hair-removal spas. She was working in telecommunications for IBM when she uncovered Epilight, a machine that uses light to permanently remove hair, and decided to open her first spa in New York City in 1998. Barshop now has nine stores across the country.


3. She's a (proud) single mom by choice
Barshop has 15-month-old twin girls, Jesse and Zoe, whom she chose to have on her own. "I've had serious relationships, but I wasn't in one when I had my girls," Barshop told Stylelist.com. "I guess what's also unconventional about me is that I'm the breadwinner, taking care of everyone in my life."


4. She has friends in high places
Bethenny Frankel's replacement didn't come out of nowhere. "I got interested in the idea of being on the show because I knew some of the ladies," she has said. "I know Ramona Singer from the Hamptons and Jill Zarin was a client at Completely Bare."


5. You can thank her – or blame her – for "vajeweling"
Barshop is credited with inventing the "vajewel" treatment, which is applying crystal designs to a woman's private parts for decoration. Her spa also offers "vatoos," a temporary airbrushed design for down there.
From watching the show my first impressions of Cindy aren't good. First, I'm not a fan of a woman who chooses to have kids without a dad and Cindy's way too proud of that choice for my taste. Second, anyone who thinks Jill and Kelly are really "nice" is either seriously delusional or in extreme denial and last, she's definitely no Bethenny, but instead boring and tries too hard to fit in with the group. But then why any 'Housewives' show needs as many as 7 women on it is still perplexing to me.

5 comments:

  1. I liked your article however you are missing the point here on why she had kids without a man. She didn't have one! So as a woman I feel it is her right to have children if that is her choice. We can't always wait around for a man to show up. Women have limited amounts of time to have kids men can when ever they want. She just took matters into her own hands not dissing on men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very weird lady! She needs to quit being so sensitive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy should be eliminated from the show. She doesn't offer a single thing to the dynamics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Cindy is out of her league. She always has a dumb look on her face, and when she argues, she takes it too far and gets too personal. She kind of reminds me of Danielle Staub, the way she tries to seem so tough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I freaking adore Cindy 
    I am in the process of putting together a Cindy Barshop + Completely Bare fansite – made by the fans for the fans =)
    I’m really excited about getting approval to do so! Yay! But I really could use help from you guys that are also fans 
    So I was wondering, if you could please like my page:
    And join my group:
    I’ll be conducting like surveys and stuff to see what u guys wanna know etc.
    You can also email me on rhony_fans@yahoo.com for more info or just inbox me on facebook: www.facebook.com/aniescior
    Really want to make this whole thing AWESOMER than AWESOME =D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete