Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bethenny Frankel Wants Her Own Talk Show


Popeater.com:
Bethenny Frankel is quite the businesswoman. She's a natural-food chef, New York Times best-selling author and reality TV star -- just to name a few -- with a mile-long resume to prove she's not messing around when it comes to success.


Although she's found a home in the reality TV circuit as a former 'Housewives' and 'Apprentice' star, she's looking to bring her brand to daytime television.


"I would like a daytime talk show because my conversation with my fans right now is through social networking, and my TV show communicates what I'm doing, but it isn't really a dialogue or a conversation," she told PopEater at the British Airways Face To Face event in New York. And she's pretty hopeful it will happen. "Most of my business wishes come true."


Congrats on the second season of your Bravo show. Any juicy details?
'Bethenny Ever After' starts Feb. 28. It's about the texture of marriage and bringing together Venus and Mars, which is what my husband and I are. We're from two different planets. And he's religious, and I practice yoga. He wants to be around his parents all the time, and I like to be alone and just a lot of crazy things. It's really probably the only real reality show. It's a reality sitcom.


And you're also doing a Skinnygirl tour as well?
Yeah. It's me on a huge Skinnygirl tour bus, and my entire family comes with me. I speak for two hours, to primarily women, about everything from body image issues, weight issues and my first book, 'Naturally Thin.' I discuss those things, gossip a little bit and then do a Q&A, and then I do it all over again the next day. It is exhausting and draining, but I would say it is the most gratifying of everything I do.


Why is this the most gratifying thing you've done?
Because you get to speak to women. You're talking to college girls who are developing their identity, whether they want to be wives for a living, whether they want to be businesswomen, who they want to be, how they want to proceed and move on into the world. You're talking to women who have lost their husbands and want to talk about it to other women, people who are obsessed with dieting, people who have eating disorders. You're just talking to women about everything from breastfeeding to dieting to dating to gossip.


You also have a new book coming out. Can you tell me about it?
My new book is coming out March 22. 'A Place of Yes' is about how I got to where I am in my life now, in career and in family and the 10 rules to getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment