Monday, October 15, 2012

Kyle Richards: 'Real Housewives' Won't Ruin My 'Solid' Marriage


People.com:
Most of Kyle Richards's Real Housewives of Beverly Hills costars don't have a good track record when it comes to keeping their marriages intact while on the show – but Richards is certain her relationship with hubby Mauricio Umansky will not crumble in front of cameras.

"I am like a lion with my family, my cubs," Richards, 43, told PEOPLE at Thursday's grand opening of her Kyle by Alene Too boutique in Beverly Hills.

"I'm very, very, very protective. If I ever felt like something was being affected in any way by the show, I would just walk away in a millisecond," she says.

Adrienne Maloof is the latest cast member who Richards has watched go through a split. The reality star's husband, Dr. Paul Nassif, filed to end their marriage on Aug. 28.

"She's doing as well as can be expected," Richards says about her pal. "I think they're both having a hard time. I think any time someone gets divorced, it's sad – especially for the kids. I think a lot of people liked [watching their bickering on TV] and thought it was cute, but obviously there was more going on behind closed doors than we realized."

Based on her own experiences and what she's witnessed within her social circle, Richards says, "My suggestion to anybody who [wants to do] a reality show, if you have cracks in your marriage, don't do one of these. You have to be really, really solid in order to do a reality show like this. I feel solid."

Although her marriage isn't a source of drama, the new store owner admits she'll have her own share of issues play out when season 3 of Bravo's hit series premieres on Nov. 5.

"Some days I'm excited [about the new season], Richards explains. "Some days I'm scared. I'm telling you, wherever we go, problems seem to follow." 
RELATED: Kyle Richards & Daughter Portia Glam It Up for Store Opening (Photos)

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty bold statement. Hope it's not a harbinger of future problems. On a side note, she has gorgeous hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they stay together forever, but u just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kyle and Mauricio,but I don't know how secure she is with her marriage. By the way she explodes on women for talking and touching Mauricios arm that leads me to believe she's not too secure. Also do we not remember the "dinner from hell" episode when Camilles crazy physcic friend predicted that Kyle should be worried about her husband and that she was very insecure in her marriage, who knows that might've been Allison talking out of her ass just to piss Kyle off cause her and CAmille were feuding but Kyle got overly upset about it. The jealousy and craziness makes me think she has something to worry about and it's a little childish if you ask me. But Mauricio is a hottie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she's insecure with herself, hell I just think some women are disrespectful sluts, n she sees that, I wouldn't want women TOUCHY FEELY with my husband either. I would put them in their place too.

      Delete