Sunday, May 20, 2012

Camille Grammer Talks Season 3, Her Hot New Flame, and Kelsey Grammer


Wetpaint.com:
Camille Grammer broke a lot of fans’ hearts with the announcement that she wasn’t returning full-time to Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for the show’s third season. But in taking time off from her “reality” life, she’s been mending her own heart with the help of new boyfriend Dimitri Charalambopoulos. Wetpaint Entertainment caught up with Camille at the Race to Erase MS Event in Los Angeles to find out all about her new relationship, how she stays in shape, and what’s really going on between Camille and her ex-husband, Kelsey Grammer.

Wetpaint Entertainment: What’s going on in your life? Where are you at right now?
Camille Grammer: Well, I’m there for my kids, making sure they get to dance recital and school and do their homework, so I’m mommy. And, you know, they’re getting older. I just love this age. My son’s 7 and my daughter’s 10. I still will be showing up on the show, making appearances. I’ve got a lot of things going on. I keep myself busy and I’m happy and of course, I have a new man in my life and he loves to cook for me.

What does he cook for you?
Spanakopita. He’s a really good Greek cook!

And you manage to look incredible. You have one of the greatest beach bodies out there. How do you do it?
That is very kind of you to say. Thank you. I’ll take it. I get out and I hike a lot, so he and I have been hiking about five miles a day. And I do some weight training but primarily, hiking. I love to paddle board; I like to stay active and I like to get out. I don’t like to be in an indoor gym. Running, hiking, anything in the ocean, swimming.

Whose beach body do you love the most?
Oh, my God there’s so many. I’m going to pick him—[gestures to boyfriend Dimitri]. He’s got a great body. I mean, I’m sorry. It’s insane and he’s all covered up.

Anything you can tell us about the show, what’s happening?
Well, I’ll be showing up, making appearances, but it’s going to be a lot of drama, definitely. The girls are bringing it.

If you had to write a book about your life, what would it be called?
That’s a good one. I would have to think about that. I don’t know. My Life Under Public Scrutiny While Doing a Ridiculous Reality Show?

How’s your relationship with Kyle Richards now?
It’s great. I adore Kyle. Kyle’s been really supportive. Kyle’s a riot. You know, the first year is difficult because it was a misunderstanding that went too far. When we talked things out afterwards we realized that we’re both really good people who were just unfortunate.

How do you feel about appearing less on the show this season?
I’m okay with it. The show takes a lot of your time. I have two young kids; I’m a single mom and I really wanted to devote more time to being the best mother I can, and be there for them.

Have they met your boyfriend?
Yes. They’ve met him. We’ve been dating for ten months and they’ve met him. They’ve spent time with him and Dimitri’s great with the kids, he’s very patient, he builds Legos with my son, they play tennis together, he helped my son learn to ride his bike, he’s great with my daughter. It’s great because he gets on their level. He doesn’t play down to them but he relates to children and he’s got a ten-year-old himself. That’s real important for me, to be with somebody that’s good with kids and understands.

What’s the best part of dating a younger guy?
He’s just so sweet. I don’t know if it’s younger guy. I don’t know if it makes a difference if it’s age, or just the person. He’s not Hollywood; he’s not seeking to be on a TV show; he’s not looking for fame. He’s very humble and just normal. It’s nice to be with somebody who’s just real and normal for a change. My ex was an actor, a larger-than-life personality.

How’s that relationship now?
There isn’t any. Unfortunately, I keep reaching out to him because we have two kids and I think it’s important that we stay in contact, but he doesn’t want to speak to me at all and he made it very clear to my attorney that that will never happen.

You don’t talk to him directly at all?
No. There’s none whatsoever. It’s through attorneys and it’s so unfortunate because we have two young kids and they suffer for it.
RELATED: Thought you'd left the show! Camille Grammer lunches with ex-Real Housewives castmates Kim and Kyle Richards

1 comment: