Tuesday, January 3, 2012

'If You Cheat Once, Don't Tell': Kyle Richards Shares Her Controversial Relationship Advice


This should rank up there with some of the stupidest advice anyone has ever given about relationships and to think it's coming from a married woman--but surely Bill Clinton's so proud of Kyle right now:
She boasts about her happy marriage but a Real Wives of Beverly Hills reality TV star has some unusual advice for couples.


Kyle Richards - who has been married to husband Mauricio Umansky for 16 years - says if you cheat on your spouse once, keep it a secret.


The 42-year-old mother-of-four gives the controversial relationship advice in her new book, Life Is Not a Reality Show: Keeping It Real With The Housewife Who Does It All.


Good Morning America host Robin Roberts confronted the socialite about her beliefs on US breakfast TV this morning.


The presenter said she wanted to ask Kyle what she meant by saying: 'If you cheat on your spouse once do not tell. You get a free pass...'


But the star was unapologetic.


Kyle said: 'I know [sic] I was going to get some heat for that.'


She then went on to describe one scenario saying: 'I've seen circumstances with people that I know are in love with their spouse and they made one mistake and I said - this is somebody that I know, nobody that anybody knows here, "Listen, if this really was a one time mistake, and you did not put this person in jeopardy, I personally think you should deal with it with yourself and with God and not go and say: 'Honey look what I did,'" because I knew that this would ruin their relationship and their life.


'So I said: "It did not happen".


'And I can tell you that many, many, many years later they're happy and together and she did make that mistake and she has to carry that and live with that...'


Perhaps sensing that people would think she was the person in question, Kyle quickly said: 'And it's not me!'


Looking at her husband who was obviously on set, unseen by the cameras, she went on to say jokingly: 'My husband is over there sweating bullets.


'I know I get a lot of heat for that, but I do feel that and I know they're still going strong.'

No comments:

Post a Comment